BMW i4 Electric Concept

rmc523

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/03/bmw-i4-electric-car-concept-details-first-look/

The Concept i4 was created to set the stage for the i4, BMW’s fully electrified, coupé-like sedan that will see production in 2022. The BEV four-door is BMW’s first pure EV to share a chassis with an internal combustion offering, in this case the 4 Series Gran Coupé. The i4 strays from the i brand’s expensive and difficult to produce carbon fiber chassis, bringing electrification into a more attainable realm. Though this concept doesn’t necessarily represent the final product, don’t be surprised if you find many of its styling cues and unique features in the 2022 street car.

The upcoming i4 production car promises some compelling stats: 0 to 60 miles per hour in around 4 seconds, up to 530 horsepower, and most crucially, a compelling 373 miles of range.

bmw-i4-concept-17.jpg

bmw-i4-concept-18.jpg

bmw-i4-concept-08.jpg

1 hour ago, coupe3w said:

Yeah, BMW is so stuck on that "kidney" grill design. It's time to let it go.

I mean.  that's like asking Mustang to ditch 3 bar taillights (yes, I know it has in its history, but its a characteristic that's distinctly Mustang)  Ditching the kidney grille would be asking BMW to ditch their signature design cue.

Not sure I like the lack of integration of the display. On the other hand, I think it actually provides some design and maintenance improvements. If part of the gauge cluster fails, you no longer have to take apart the dash, you just replace the tablet/screen in the rare instance it fails.

Well... we need to wait. The Porsche Taycan is not as good as Porsche promissed... the range is bad.  The EQ vehicles from Mercedes-Benz dont convince too much.  Maybe the germans are not so good in the EV production area...

1 hour ago, falconlover 1 said:

Well... we need to wait. The Porsche Taycan is not as good as Porsche promissed... the range is bad.  The EQ vehicles from Mercedes-Benz dont convince too much.  Maybe the germans are not so good in the EV production area...

Tests of the Taycan that I've seen say it's a stellar vehicle.  Porsche chose performance over range.   I'm guessing potential Taycan buyers would have the same priorities.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Tests of the Taycan that I've seen say it's a stellar vehicle.  Porsche chose performance over range.   I'm guessing potential Taycan buyers would have the same priorities.

I’ve also read that the Taycan has been exceeding range expectations, even during “spirited” driving.  Sounds like Porsche may have been purposefully conservative on their range estimates. 

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

Speaking of Taycan buyers, Bill Gates bought one, drawing the ire of Elon.

https://www.businessinsider.com/porsche-reveals-taycan-turbo-and-taycan-turbo-s-production-model-2019-9

19 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I’ve also read that the Taycan has been exceeding range expectations, even during “spirited” driving.  Sounds like Porsche may have been purposefully conservative on their range estimates. 

Yes I heard that on the reviews as well but forgot to mention it.

• Like 1