New Doug DeMuro Corsair review

Just thought I'd mention it for those that like to watch his videos. As usual, I learned something I didn't know about it, and as well he missed a few things.

Most glaring is he complains the rear seat doesn't go back far enough and doesn't know it goes back like another 6".... Second, he goes through the modes, and then slightly complains the handling isn't super great but as far as I can tell he never switches to excite mode... who knows?

Overall, you can tell Doug likes Lincolns. The red color of the one he's detailing looks great. If you look at how low he rates most cars then the "Doug score" is pretty good.

I had to look it up.  It appears he did have the seats all the way back.  He's just 6'3".  So he'd be cramped in any compact crossover out there.

I looked at the later video where he shows the back end of the Corsair.  When the Escapes are forward, they leave a decent gap between the seat and the back end floor.  I didn't see that in the Corsair video.  So I'm going to assume it's just because he's tall.

I'd be curious if that Corsair had the adaptive suspension.  When in Excite, that is supposed to tighten up the suspension quite a bit.

I'm not 6'3" (I'm 6'0"), but I don't recall it being anywhere near that cramped when I've sat in both the Corsair and Escape.  Maybe he just sits very very far back when he drives?

I was thinking the same thing about the seat moving back.

Just now, jniffen said:

Have to wonder how many people do have the seat all the way back to drive. 
Seen too many with the seats tilted like they were driving in a Lazyboy....

Well, you know, it's probably the huge % of people who are taller than 6'4" who would buy a Corsair in the first place lol. 

5 hours ago, Black Label said:

Well, you know, it's probably the huge % of people who are taller than 6'4" who would buy a Corsair in the first place lol. 

Makes me think of a clown car, with the really tall ones coming out of a little tiny one.

And you know these 'reviewers' have to find things wrong, unless it's a sponsor's product.

• Like 1

I used to wheel with a guy called Six Ten. You can guess where the name came from. He drove a CJ-7. He modified the front seat, and put the seat tracks where the back seat went. 

We would do overnighters. It was easy in our Explorer because a queen size air mattress fit in the back. Six Ten would sleep in his Jeep. Yes, you read that right. He would put the passenger seatback collapsed all the way forward, and would put the little tailgate down. Slept with his head on that passenger seat back, and layed angled with his feet hanging off the end of the tailgate. It was the goofiest thing you ever saw. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, akirby said:

Were the rear seats moved back?

Yes, and I wouldn’t say I drive in a far back seating position either. Pretty average for my height if I had to guess.

I remember wondering how they fit the basketball players in the back seat of the escape in the reveal video, then I watched the video again and realized they had some really short people in the front seats.

honestly, they probably should have started the sliding rails about another 3-6” further back. Maybe there were limits to how far back they could go with seatbelts and what not.

Keep in mind there’s a big variance in seat position with regard to inseam. I’m 6’4” but have a long torso. Headroom is more important to me than seat travel. That said, our Flex is the only car I don’t automatically put the seat all the way back.  I had no problem fitting in my 2003 Escape.