No Reserve II option on 2020 MKZ?

Just playing around and building a 2020 MKZ.  I am currently a 2019 Hybrid owner.

Is there no longer a Reserve II option on those vehicles?  I did not see the ability to add in all the luxury extras including the Revel 19 speaker system.

42 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Never mind, looks like all the stuff that used to be in the Reserve II package has to be added individually to the Reserve package

Hi NJRonbo. For 2020, some equipment was made standard, some are now options or part of option packages.  It is simply a renaming of trim levels. And you can have the Revel Ultima audio system. It is available.

Similar situation when I purchased my 2018 MKZ. The trim levels had different names, equipment levels and option packages than the 2017 models.

The one advantage for 2020 is you can essentially build a Reserve with everything you want (that was in a "Reserve II") for a little less than what you would have paid for a Reserve II last year. I checked in comparison to my 2018.

Important note though: I was at my Dealership for an oil change yesterday. I asked if the 2020 MKZ could still be factory ordered. The rep made a phone call and said no. I would not take that as gospel, but if factory ordering is still available, it won't be for long.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

BBF,

Thanks for the help.

My lease is not up for another two years.

I was just looking to see if it would be cheaper to buy my next Lincoln out of state so I was toying around with configurations across different dealers.

Thanks

R

3 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

I was just looking to see if it would be cheaper to buy my next Lincoln out of state so I was toying around with configurations across different dealers.

You do understand that MKZ stops production in June?  2020 is the last model year so you'd have to buy one used when your lease is over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akirby said:

You do understand that MKZ stops production in June?  2020 is the last model year so you'd have to buy one used when your lease is over.

No, did not know that.

What is the successor to the MKZ moving forward?  I need to know particularly with Hybrid.

I won't buy a used one.  I am not looking specifically for a 2020 model.  It will actually be a 2022-23 model by the time my lease is up.

What is the next Lincoln hybrid sedan?

Appreciate all your help

2 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

No, did not know that.

What is the successor to the MKZ moving forward?  I need to know particularly with Hybrid.

I won't buy a used one.  I am not looking specifically for a 2020 model.  It will actually be a 2022-23 model by the time my lease is up.

What is the next Lincoln hybrid sedan?

Appreciate all your help

Hi NJRonbo. There currently is no successor. Ford is discontinuing all passenger car production, except for the Mustang. Only the Mustang, CUV's, SUV's and trucks. So there are currently no known plans to update or replace the MKZ and Continental.

Lincoln has made it know that they would like to still have some luxury car/sedan vehicles in their lineup. But only time will tell if Ford changes their mind.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi NJRonbo. There currently is no successor. Ford is discontinuing all passenger car production, except for the Mustang. Only the Mustang, CUV's, SUV's and trucks. So there are currently no known plans to update or replace the MKZ and Continental.

Lincoln has made it know that they would like to still have some luxury car/sedan vehicles in their lineup. But only time will tell if Ford changes their mind.

Good luck.

Wow.  That is a piece of news!

I guess things could change in the next two years.

So, for the moment, it looks like there will be no sedans and I would have to move on up to a Crossover.

Or, go with a Cadillac or other luxury company sedan hybrid.

Thanks again

32 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

BBF,

Thanks for the help.

Thanks

R

Hi NJRonbo. Also, to save you some work in the future: MSRP's are the same wherever you buy. Other than whatever deal you can negotiate on your own with your own particular negotiating skills, there are no price differences. Yes, Incentives and Rebates can vary from area to area, but the Incentives and Rebates you qualify for are whatever is available in your legal place of residence, not where you buy.

Hope this makes sense.  Good luck..

Just now, bbf2530 said:

Hi NJRonbo. Also, to save you some work in the future: MSRP's are the same wherever you buy. Other than whatever deal you can negotiate on your own with your own particular negotiating skills, there are no price differences. Yes, Incentives and Rebates can vary from area to area, but the Incentives and Rebates you qualify for are whatever is available in your legal place of residence, not where you buy.

Hope this makes sense.  Good luck..

That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for that information, BBF.  You have been incredibly helpful.  Very kind.

Just bummed to learn no more sedans from Lincoln.  I would hate to have to go to someone else.

Best

Ron

33 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for that information, BBF.  You have been incredibly helpful.  Very kind.

Just bummed to learn no more sedans from Lincoln.  I would hate to have to go to someone else.

Best

Ron

Hi Ron. You are very welcome. And I feel the same way. I do not want a CUV, SUV or truck. I am a car person.

I have owned only new Fords and Lincolns since my first new car, a 1976 Ford Elite.  And I currently own a 2018 MKZ Reserve 3.0T AWD. And I already had my share of Mustang GT's when I was younger...6 of them...so I do not want my neighbors thinking I am having a mid-life crisis. ?

So if Ford does not change its plans sometime in the next few years, they will likely be losing a customer. And for personal reasons and brand loyalty, it would be a very tough decision that would bother me. Ford needs to understand that they may/will lose a lot more customers who want a car and do not even have that personal connection or brand loyalty and.

And yes, I know all the discussions about how band loyalty is not the factor it used to be. And that is true. However, brand loyalty still exists. But it can be broken if a brand sells nothing that you want.

Save the replies (you know who you are ?? ), because yeah, yeah, yeah...ATP's and blah, blah, blah etc. But I want a car...lolololololol.

Okay...personal ramble finished. ?

Good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530

We only know what they've said publicly and right now that means no new sedans.  A new Edge is on the way built on the new C2 FWD architecture.  There is a chance of a car coming on that platform or maybe the Explorer RWD CD6 platform (which was in the works but got cancelled) but it may not be a sedan but more like an Audi or Subaru sportwagon.   Sedans are just not popular. 

Have you tried a Nautilus?  I know you prefer sedans but crossovers have some real benefits and may surprise me if you test drive one.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

We only know what they've said publicly and right now that means no new sedans.  A new Edge is on the way built on the new C2 FWD architecture.  There is a chance of a car coming on that platform or maybe the Explorer RWD CD6 platform (which was in the works but got cancelled) but it may not be a sedan but more like an Audi or Subaru sportwagon.   Sedans are just not popular. 

Have you tried a Nautilus?  I know you prefer sedans but crossovers have some real benefits and may surprise me if you test drive one.

Hi Allen. Were you asking me or NJRonbo?

If you were asking me...My wife, and especially I, have driven all the models over the years and recently. Escape, MKC, Corsair, Edge, MKX, Nautilus, Explorer, Aviator, Navigator. I don't recall driving an Expedition

They are nice vehicles, just not what I like. Do not ride as nicely or handle as well as their corresponding car equivalent. I could have purchased an MKX or Nautilus for my last two vehicles, but the MKZ was far and away a nicer riding and handling vehicle. I simply prefer cars, as my long list of Mustang GT's and others cars I have owned reveals. And due to my personal reasons and brand loyalty, every single one has been a Ford, and more recently Lincolns.

If you weren't asking me...forget everything you just read and disregard. ?

Good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530
Syntax! lol

I used to drive an MKX crossover.  Really liked it.

However, here is the problem...

The crossovers are more expensive than sedans.   

Secondly, I want a hybrid luxury vehicle.  Lincoln was one of the few luxury companies not charging extra for a hybrid model.

I have two more years to figure this out.  Lincoln may have something in the pipeline by then, and of course more manufacturers are putting hybrid and electric vehicles at the top of their list.

2 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

I used to drive an MKX crossover.  Really liked it.

However, here is the problem...

The crossovers are more expensive than sedans.   

Secondly, I want a hybrid luxury vehicle.  Lincoln was one of the few luxury companies not charging extra for a hybrid model.

I have two more years to figure this out.  Lincoln may have something in the pipeline by then, and of course more manufacturers are putting hybrid and electric vehicles at the top of their list.

Two years out from now Lincoln should have out a fully redesigned plug-in hybrid Nautilus. It will be more expensive than the pure ICE new Nautilus, because like the hybrid Aviator it will likely be the full ICE powertrain plus the hybrid and be designed more for enhanced performance than fuel efficiency. Lincoln should by then also have out two all-new BEVs, though I understand that is not what you are after. In the end, if you feel you really, really want a luxury hybrid sedan there should be plenty out there to choose from, just most likely not from Lincoln (or FMC). But we'll see, as Ford doesn't like to pre-announce things years in advance (though looking at you, Bronco).

Edited by Gurgeh

1 hour ago, NJRonbo said:

Or you could have just typed it!

Again, I don't know and I don't care if Lincoln is overcharging or not.  It's up to the consumer whether he or she wants to pay it.

The point is you said you liked that they didn’t charge extra but others did.  The point is that doesn’t matter and you should simply compare the final price.

Its like saying this furniture store is cheaper because they provide free delivery whereas the other stores charge $50.  But if the other store’s price is $75 less then they are actually cheaper than the store with free delivery.

Nothing is free.

27 minutes ago, Ralph Greene said:

It seems to me...although Ford says no more sedans.....the design of their crossovers and CUV's, SUV's, etc....look a little like tall sedans....just not called that. The styles are merging. 

With the Corsair, I certainly agree..... It's pretty low...seems way lower than our Nautilus.