Aviator Running Boards

19 hours ago, Going_Going_Gone said:

Like most Ford fixed steps/running boards, it looks to me that they are very tight to the rocker panel requiring dexterity to safely use them for entry and exit.  Even using the running board to enter/exit, you'd probably want to use a grab handle too.  The handle above the door is semi-awkward to use.  If I were asked, I would have placed the grab handle on the A-pillar.

Using a front seat passenger for illustration; it is far easier to grasp a grab bar on the A-pillar with your right hand and lift up your butt over the seat edge than it is to reach above the center of the door opening where, regardless of which hand you use, your arm has to twist oddly.  More or less the same on exit...unless you just slide off the seat edge

I agree, a handle on windshield pillar is much more useable than over the door … the Navigator’s are very well placed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, LHB said:

I agree, a handle on windshield pillar is much more useable than over the door … the Navigator’s are very well placed.

Holding onto the steering wheel works well on the drivers side. I certainly wouldn't mind a grab handle though. I only have the drivers side installed so far. The box arrived with a split and some of the hardware is missing. I'm waiting for it to arrive on Tuesday from Lasco Ford. I would have expected them to be rock stars and send a small package overnight, but they sent it ground making me wait 9 days to finish this up.