Nautilus winter driving

My mom drives a 2019 Nautilus with the 21" wheels and it came from factory with Continental Cross Contact A/S tires.  I've driven it a few times this past winter they are not bad in light snow/slush but they don't have wide enough horizontal grooves in the tread to dig out of deeper snow if you get stuck.  Had to turn off traction control couple times generate some spin and dig out of big snow bank at the end of the driveway after the street plow came by.  They are ok for stopping on slippery surfaces but you still need to leave extra stopping distance according to conditions they are definitely NOT as good as snow tires or an all weather tire.

I had a 2017 MKX previously with the same size 21" wheels as the Nautilus and it came with Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S tires which I found much better than the current Continentals they are using now.  I never much cared for Continental tires, more of a Michelin man myself.