Lawsuits Over Coolant Loss

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

Don’t these usually fail within the factory Powertrain warranty or are a lot of them failing later?

If the latter then this is where Ford should step up and extend the Powertrain warranty on their own. 

Exactly... Ford should use the $$$ spent to defend the lawsuit and just bank that $$$ for an across the board warranty extension for the engine...it will save them plenty of both cash and bad press.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Has Ford forgotten how to build engines and cars/trucks?  Too many robots and not enough humans!  Robots don't "see" imperfections.

I don't think it's a build issue with this problem. I think it is using cheap parts to save money. It's a beancounter problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

I don't think it's a build issue with this problem. I think it is using cheap parts to save money. It's a beancounter problem.

Not cheap parts - poor engineering.   It's the design of the engine block.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • silvrsvt changed the title to Lawsuits Over Coolant Loss
On 3/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, 7Mary3 said:

Yes, and the new 7.3L's block is a similar design.  Should hold up batter being that it is iron and not turbocharged.

What 7Mary3 is referring to is discussed by Brian Wolfe at about the 2:09 point of this video. I'm a little confused as to why Ford is still doing this versus drilling a passageway below the deck surface in which case the head gasket would be less likely to fail. It's the same issue as the 2.3L Mustang EB vs the 2.3L Focus RS and I believe Ranger which both use the later drilled passageway design vs the "sawcut" on the Mustang block. They may have changed the Mustang block by now, or at least I hope they have.

• 3 months later...
Well, here we go. Mine has been sipping some coolant lose. Have had to add a very small amount of coolant over the last month or two. Couple of rough starts in the last month. Plugged in Forscan and I do have a P0316 DTC. Misfire on the first 1000 revs. Thank goodness I have 100,000 PowerTrain. I currently have 32,000 miles.

Stopped by the Ford dealer. They said it’s a good thing I have the 2.0 cause the 1.5 is on backorder. Like that gives me a warm and fuzzy.

Traded in my 2013 2.0 Titanium for:
2017 Lightning Blue Titanium | 2.0. | AWD | Pano Roof | Tow Package
Sport Appearance Package | Roof Racks
  • Like 1