Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

Its the 2010 Escape styling redone for 2021 with a dose of Range Rover styling for good measure. 

image.jpeg.8a769f650db88c9ca2e5819cb1d15ab9.jpeg

I think the color combo is freaking terrible and I'm not sure what I think of the grill/headlight surround. It looks weird to me, but it might because of the hood being popped.

So when the hell will we see the real bronco!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Its the 2010 Escape styling redone for 2021 with a dose of Range Rover styling for good measure. 

I think the color combo is freaking terrible and I'm not sure what I think of the grill/headlight surround. It looks weird to me, but it might because of the hood being popped.

I thought baby in March and real Bronco in April.

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I can see the Range Rover, looks more to me like somewhere between Jeep and a Toyota FJ version of a Flex. 

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Overall I think it looks good.  Definitely looks like a direct replacement for the 2010 Escape, which isn't a bad thing.

28 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I thought baby in March and real Bronco in April.

No-The Sport is next Month at the NYIAS...the Bronco is sometime this month

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Overall I think it looks good.  Definitely looks like a direct replacement for the 2010 Escape, which isn't a bad thing.

I don't think it looks bad either-I like it for the most part, just that the grill and the color combo don't seem to be doing it justice

Whats up with the tires? They look fake for some reason-completely devoid of any sidewall markings and are shiny as hell?

5 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I also wonder what the decal on the door is

It can't be "Trail-Rated"

So...

Offroad Ready

Dirt-Certified

TrailMaster

Rock Ready

KOH (King of hammers something?? I doubt this but IDK!)
Adventure Ready

Trail -Certified

Or maybe it just simply says Bronco?  Part of the new branding or something. Although I'd think the main logo would be the horse.

Edited by probowler

I’m actually a bit disappointed by this. This looks to have been toned down quite a bit from the leaked pics. It doesn’t even look rugged. 

im starting to think the two vehicle strategy (escape, bronco sport) was a bad idea. This thing in its form in the picture looks pedestrian enough to be mainstream and sell more than the escape. With a few mods and off-road goodies, it could be turned in to a better looking off-roader. 

bronco sport on the tailgate needs to go too.

8 minutes ago, probowler said:

There's your next-generation Flex!

That is a sexy looking vehicle, even I like that.  I wonder if this is the UFO color... I think I remember that one looking blue-ish.

Eh.  Next gen Flex?  Not really.

8 minutes ago, probowler said:

I kind of feel bad for Ford though... I don't think intended to leak it like this, not this much... Totally kills the reveal ?

I mean.  We saw it last year already, so they probably don't care about Bronco Sport leaks as much as they do about Bronco.

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

No-The Sport is next Month at the NYIAS...the Bronco is sometime this month

I don't think it looks bad either-I like it for the most part, just that the grill and the color combo don't seem to be doing it justice

Whats up with the tires? They look fake for some reason-completely devoid of any sidewall markings and are shiny as hell?

Yeah, something's odd with the tires - they have like no tread too.

5 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I also wonder what the decal on the door is

Someone over at Bronco6g was saying it could be something like a shipping symbol?

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I’m actually a bit disappointed by this. This looks to have been toned down quite a bit from the leaked pics. It doesn’t even look rugged. 

im starting to think the two vehicle strategy (escape, bronco sport) was a bad idea. This thing in its form in the picture looks pedestrian enough to be mainstream and sell more than the escape. With a few mods and off-road goodies, it could be turned in to a better looking off-roader. 

bronco sport on the tailgate needs to go too.

A few thoughts - 1) it looks identical to the leaked ones, and 2) this could be a lower trim model as well.

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

For comparison:

Image result for baby bronco leaked

The big changes are the headlight ring looks a bit smaller, and it says BRONCO in the grille instead of the earlier images saying FORD.

Yes, the body work IS pretty much identical, but the stance is completely different. Maybe it’s just the angles of the pictures, but the leaked ones look to have much larger tires and possibly a lift. As you said though we could be looking at a lower vs higher trim.

Edited by T-dubz

17 minutes ago, probowler said:

I kind of feel bad for Ford though... I don't think intended to leak it like this, not this much... Totally kills the reveal ?

Ford was probably the one to leak it. They now have a positive was story in a sea of bad press s of late.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Oh that's cute! It really looks like the true replacement for the boxy '08-'12 Escape. So much better looking than the new Escape. I like it! I wouldn't be surprised unless way over priced it'll outsell the new Escape 2 to 1.

oh, trust me.....there will be screeds of posts stating its overpriced...along with the usual " Id buy it for sure if it was 10k cheaper"....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Oh that's cute! It really looks like the true replacement for the boxy '08-'12 Escape. So much better looking than the new Escape. I like it! I wouldn't be surprised unless way over priced it'll outsell the new Escape 2 to 1.

I agree, this should have been the 2013 Escape. And I had a 2013 Escape and loved it.

• Like 1