Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

2 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

The rod is so much better when its really cold as well, nothing worse than trying to put washer solvent in when it is -15 out and the hood keep falling shut and you're trying to balance the hood, gallon of solvent and holding the flip cap from flopping around so you don't spill solvent all over your hands.

not to mention if theres really strong winds....

35 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

You're right.  I know the gas struts on the Flex are starting to go - they'll stay up when moved to an open position, but it won't pop open like it used to.  And with Bronco on the horizon, I'm not looking into replacing them.

I know I (and customers) would much rather have their power liftgate instead.

Personally, I open the hood every time I wash the car, but I'm not an average buyer.

The only reason I ever opened the hood on my fusion was to jump-start the Focus after it sat for 9 months and had a dead battery. I couldn't care less if it had struts or a prop rod. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The only reason I ever opened the hood on my fusion was to jump-start the Focus after it sat for 9 months and had a dead battery. I couldn't care less if it had struts or a prop rod. 

Exactly, strange how we get used to tech like gas struts that will eventually crap out and need replacing.

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

godamn kick function...swear Ive sat behind cars for 5 friggen minutes doing the demonstration shuffle, only for complete denial....lol...

Yeah, been there done that.  Cadillac did a neat thing on I think the XT6 where it projects the Cadillac logo on the floor where you're supposed to kick.  But yeah, I've been there swinging my foot back and forth for nothing to happen lol.

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I get it.  I open it because I clean all the door/hood jambs when I wash it, plus to refill washer fluid.

• Like 2

Just now, rmc523 said:

plus to refill washer fluid.

Yeah normally that would be the only reason I would open the hood but I've never filled the washer fluid of that car, I just let the dealer do it when I get the oil changed. I've filled the Flex once because that one gets the good stuff. Works better on the back window than the standard blue stuff. 

15 minutes ago, 351cid said:

I pop my hood EVERY time I fill up. Trucker's mentality....fuel the truck, check the oil & coolant, & look at the belts & hoses.

The only time I check oil and coolant is before a long trip.  I can't remember the last time I had to add oil between changes and I only add coolant about once every 2-3 years.

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Waving your foot doesn't work.  What works for me every time is to touch the top of my foot against the bottom of the bumper about a foot to either side of center.

I think the waving has been more of an attempt to find the sensor than anything.

42 minutes ago, Deanh said:

makes me wonder how I survived all these years pre power liftgate...wait....I did....its a convenience yes, which I completely understand...necessity?...not so sure...I could quite easily do without it...Anyone here had one break/ fail?...would probably be pretty costly..

And  get off my lawn!

You sound like someone who wouldn’t like electric starters when they first came out! lol ? 

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

And  get off my lawn!

You sound like someone who wouldn’t like electric starters when they first came out! lol ? 

LMAO....touche, not quite that old mate...lol...but I did have an air cooled, rear engined 4 speed manual car sans air conditioning, air bags, BLIS, lane keeping, antilock brakes, seat belts ( add the rest ) and even stereo of any worth...LOVED that car and somehow survived...LEGEND! 

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

AFAIK the FORD grille will also be offered.

The direction taken by the new Escape should make *much* more sense now.

Do you mean the grille from the old leaked pics that says FORD instead of bronco? I actually liked that one better so that’s good news.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I also wonder what the decal on the door is

I'm guessing it's a trim badge. It's also on the fender of the two-door (the one Premier said was an older styling model) in the other thread.

ETA, it sort of looks like a stylized rattlesnake, like maybe a timber rattler. Wasn't Timberline one of the names they trademarked?

Edited by SoonerLS