Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

On 3/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, T-dubz said:

Nope, 2020 escape se straight from ford.com. Also I live in a big city in Texas. It’s not like I’m in some tiny market.

74E00A13-5F77-40CB-9E7F-720D5B632BF3.png

It's $2500 in Phoenix, no model specified. Also another offer of 0.9% financing and $500 bonus cash available.

17 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I'm glad to hear that. I'm seeing more of them on the roads around here, and they still look very "meh" to me--but I'm pretty sure I'm not in the Escape's target demo, anyway.

I think they resemble a Focus a little too much. With the reputation of the Focus, that could be scaring some customers away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

I think they resemble a Focus a little too much. With the reputation of the Focus, that could be scaring some customers away.

Yeah. I think people buy cuvs because they like the look of suvs but want the ride of a car. Once you make the cuv look too car like, you’ve taken away the look that they wanted and made the vehicle less appealing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s entirely possible.  Depends a lot on how they price and option it.  Let’s say they both sell 12k/month.  I don’t understand why some people say Escape is a failure or that only the Bronco Sport should have been built.  That’s just silly.  

I don't personally care for the 2020 Escape, but someone else might like it. I don't think the two compact CUVs with one being more a car-like crossover and one more a compact traditional boxy SUV is a bad strategy. I feel like Ford is hitting both the people who like curvy car-like crossovers and people that like little boxy SUVs with this strategy.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

I don't personally care for the 2020 Escape, but someone else might like it. I don't think the two compact CUVs with one being more a car-like crossover and one more a compact traditional boxy SUV is a bad strategy. I feel like Ford is hitting both the people who like curvy car-like crossovers and people that like little boxy SUVs with this strategy.

Exactly!

(ducks for cover....waits for lightning....)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I bought a 2018 Escape, and I like that one better than the 2020.  Now, I was looking forward to the new Bronco Sport.  Unfortunately, if the leaked pictures are correct, I don't care for the Bronco Sport either.  Bummer!

1 hour ago, exrub said:

I bought a 2018 Escape, and I like that one better than the 2020.  Now, I was looking forward to the new Bronco Sport.  Unfortunately, if the leaked pictures are correct, I don't care for the Bronco Sport either.  Bummer!

What don’t you like about it and which vehicles do you like other then your 2018 Escape?

42 minutes ago, akirby said:

What don’t you like about it and which vehicles do you like other then your 2018 Escape?

Well, on the 2020 Escape, it looks too much like a Mazda.  Just not my style.  The Bronco Sport, I don't care much for the styling.  Again, not my style.  Personally, I liked my 2007 Mariner style even over my 2018 Escape.  I guess I like them a bit boxy but not like a lifted Flex.

Don't get me wrong.  I have other vehicles.  I was just talking about the Escape and Bronco since that was the other person's post.

Although my fleet has decreased in recent years, I like the  2003 Ford Mustang GT, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ford Escape, 2018 Subaru Forester, and 2007 Jeep Liberty.  The 2018 Ford EcoSport I have is a lease so it doesn't count...lol.

Edited by exrub
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exrub said:

Well, on the 2020 Escape, it looks too much like a Mazda.  Just not my style.  The Bronco Sport, I don't care much for the styling.  Again, not my style.  Personally, I liked my 2007 Mariner style even over my 2018 Escape.  I guess I like them a bit boxy but not like a lifted Flex.

Don't get me wrong.  I have other vehicles.  I was just talking about the Escape and Bronco since that was the other person's post.

Although my fleet has decreased in recent years, I like the  2003 Ford Mustang GT, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ford Escape, 2018 Subaru Forester, and 2007 Jeep Liberty.  The 2018 Ford EcoSport I have is a lease so it doesn't count...lol.

It doesn't look like a lifted Flex at all.  Because of the colored roof?  It looks like the old Escapes (just like the Mariner you say you like).

• Like 2

The Bronco Sport looks like a lifted Flex, the Bronco looks like a Wrangler, the Escape looks like a Mazda... if you're experiencing issues like this they can be easily corrected by going into your device settings and changing the screen resolution and brightness to the highest available setting for each!  

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

It doesn't look like a lifted Flex at all.  Because of the colored roof?  It looks like the old Escapes (just like the Mariner you say you like).

You really don't have to argue with EVERY SINGLE PERSON who sees something in a vehicle you don't like.

People are allowed to have differing tastes and opinions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, probowler said:

You really don't have to argue with EVERY SINGLE PERSON who sees something in a vehicle you don't like.

It's not a case of like or don't like, it's a case of seeing something that just isn't there.

51 minutes ago, probowler said:

It's not about "seeing something in a vehicle I don't like"  I can see where you see some vague similarities - namely a generally boxy shape, colored roof and a character line down the side.   But stance, detailing, proportions, etc. are nothing alike

oaW3ipb.jpg

Image result for ford flex

Had you said looks just like an '08 Escape, I'm 100% on board, as that's literally what it is - a direct successor to the boxy Escape

oaW3ipb.jpg

Image result for 2008 ford escape

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

And that's not a bad thing, although the Sport appears to have grown in wheelbase and OAL.

HRG

Oh I agree it's not bad.  I think it's great that they'll have both boxy BS and curvy Escape for customers to have options.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  One should try to see things from the other's perspective (and take a deep breath) before getting so sensitive.

It was from such sensitivities that I stopped coming here years ago.  I think, rather than being dragged into such arguments again, i will just bid you all a fond farewell once more.

Take care and stay safe!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exrub said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  One should try to see things from the other's perspective (and take a deep breath) before getting so sensitive.

It was from such sensitivities that I stopped coming here years ago.  I think, rather than being dragged into such arguments again, i will just bid you all a fond farewell once more.

Take care and stay safe!

Odd post.  Who's sensitive?

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Odd post.  Who's sensitive?

Yea I was wondering the same thing.   I understand some people can be a broken record or disagree too harshly - but the 1 or 2 percent-ers  don't ruin my day.   Kind of like dog doo left on the street by an inconsiderate owner,  as long as I don't step in it, it won't ruin my day.   

Edited by Fordowner
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, probowler said:

Yall are literally crying about it though, trying to convince people it's not.

It's not a Flex.  Not the same size. Not the same platform. Not the same drivetrain. The only argument is it's a  two-box.

A Kia Soul is a two-box, that makes it a small Flex?  Weak sauce.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

It's not a Flex.  Not the same size. Not the same platform. Not the same drivetrain. The only argument is it's a  two-box.

A Kia Soul is a two-box, that makes it a small Flex?  Weak sauce.

Or even better yet a Scion XB

Image result for Scion XB

On 3/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, T-dubz said:

Yeah. I think people buy cuvs because they like the look of suvs but want the ride of a car. Once you make the cuv look too car like, you’ve taken away the look that they wanted and made the vehicle less appealing.

I keep asking myself if new Escape is Ford pulling a sneaky by making it more attractive

to car buyers and then, offering an even higher priced  SUV body for Escape buyers who 

still yearn for the classic style.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I keep asking myself if new Escape is Ford pulling a sneaky by making it more attractive

to car buyers and then, offering an even higher priced  SUV body for Escape buyers who 

still yearn for the classic style.

I thought this exact same thing and it makes me dislike the 2020 escape even more because now I have to pay more for a product that should have been the new escape all along.

• Like 1