Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

9 hours ago, akirby said:

It's not a case of like or don't like, it's a case of seeing something that just isn't there.

Who are you to tell anyone what they see and don’t see?  You must be a riot at art galleries.  Telling everyone what they should and should not be seeing. The arrogance of that post is truly astounding. 

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Odd post.  Who's sensitive?

People like you and akirby who are whining and jumping on people because of their stated reactions to how a vehicle looks and what it reminds them of.  What does it matter to you if someone looks at the Bronco or Bronco Sport and sees something you don’t?

To belittle someone because they had the audacity to post their honest, visceral reaction to finally seeing these two vehicles really says a lot about that person. 

Lastly please link the article where the Ford executive or Bronco Sport designer said this is the literal successor to the boxy Escape from years back.  Sounds like an interesting article, I’d love to read it.  

What actual buyers think matters more than non-buyers' opinions, are they going to see a Flex or a reborn boxy Escape?

Keep in mind that a Flex is 201.8" long and the boxy Escape 174.7" long, that's 27" difference in length and hard to miss....

Im not trying to change people's mind here, when we see them in the flesh, reality sets and things become more obvious

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, akirby said:

It's not a case of like or don't like, it's a case of seeing something that just isn't there.

Whether anyone else sees it or not, the first thing I thought when I saw that picture of it in two-tone livery with the hood up was "Flex on stilts with a shortened caboose."

If the hood were closed, or if it were colored differently, or if the photo was from a different angle, or if it were in the sheet metal instead of a picture, it might've been different, but if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt. I couldn't tell you exactly why, and it's probably not fair to the vehicle, but that was the impression it made: Flex on stilts.

Edited by SoonerLS

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What actual buyers think matters more than non-buyers' opinions, are they going to see a Flex or a reborn boxy Escape?

Keep in mind that a Flex is 201.8" long and the boxy Escape 174.7" long, that's 27" difference in length and hard to miss....

Im not trying to change people's mind here, when we see them in the flesh, reality sets and things become more obvious

No...

10 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Bold to assume any of the people that are commenting on what it does or doesn’t look like are “non-buyers”. 

But I can see where people think it looks like a Flex (which why is that considered bad?). For me it’s the black roof that gives me Flex vibes.  But god forbid Ford‘s second boxy vehicle in modern times that has a black top hat reminds anyone of Ford’s first boxy vehicle in modern times with a black top hat.  

I still want to know why it matters to the few whining what vehicles it reminds people of.  

Is it ok that I get BMW X6 vibes from the Mustang SUV (side profile)?  Or is that not allowed?

4 hours ago, probowler said:

I don't remember if this was asked here, but I wonder if we are we at risk of production delays because of the wuhan?

If the Broncos were sharing critical parts with vehicles that were setting the world on fire, it might, but at this point, they're probably not pulling enough parts out of the supply chain to make a difference. My guess is that these launches are high enough priority that they could probably pull the parts anyway.

By the time they actually get to production, the "WuFlu" panic will likely be a memory that most people would just as soon forget...

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yep, definitely a Flex.....I see it now....?

43 minutes ago, SteelyD said:

It is a styling buck.

I'm not sure what your point is. The Bronco Sport gave me an impression of Flex, but I'm with jpd--there's no Flex at all in the Bronco.

5 hours ago, sho94_2000 said:

Bold to assume any of the people that are commenting on what it does or doesn’t look like are “non-buyers”. 

I never said that, I said “what actual buyers think matter more than non-buyers’ opinions.”

and I also asked”will they see a Flex or a boxy Escape”

l then reminded people of the size distance between the two.

parts of the design may remind some of the flex but the overall shape is that of a compact SUV and the closest relation to BS are the first gen Escape, freelancer

3 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The Bronco Sport gave me an impression of Flex, but I'm with jpd--there's no Flex at all in the Bronco.

Elsewhere, the comparison to flex is being used as a put down of the styling

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Elsewhere, the comparison to flex is being used as a put down of the styling

Yes; they mean dead car driving.  To me, it looks like a small explorer looking at the rear view. The tail lights look like they were lifted right off an Explorer.