Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

39 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It was unfortunate that the pictures were stretched, I think that was deliberate to muck up folks that do pictures of what it looked like.

Even with stretched photos l'm still not seeing a Flex no matter how hard I try... maybe I need to turn down my screen settings, lol.

27 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Even with stretched photos l'm still not seeing a Flex no matter how hard I try... maybe I need to turn down my screen settings, lol.

Completely understandable, stretched image plus white roof look like Flex but,

See recent pics and not so much.

35 minutes ago, SteelyD said:

Perhaps a new name is required. The Blue Oval Sarcasm Forums. Short on facts for sure. All threads.

Lighten up Myron, I was taking a shot at the people comparing BS to Flex

but in future I'll use sarcasm brackets so you don't have to think as much.

Edited by jpd80

52 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Lighten up Myron, I was taking a shot at the people comparing BS to Flex

but in future I'll use sarcasm brackets so you don't have to think as much.

I'm going to start calling every new Ford vehicle a Flex... watching yall lose your minds about this for 9 pages is beyond humorous XD

Seriously though, I think it's time for a cease fire!  No one is going to win an argument based on opinion; We're all here because we love Ford and certain vehicles, and that's what matters.  I just don't see why we're still taking shots at each other, we should probably just agree to disagree at this point  :victory:

Edited by probowler
a word

46 minutes ago, probowler said:

I'm going to start calling every new Ford vehicle a Flex... watching yall lose your minds about this for 9 pages is beyond humorous XD

For a while they were all Freestyles. Seriously, Ford used cobbled together Freestyles as mules for both the Flex and Explorer, and people online were like “OMG, it looks just like a Freestyle”

20 minutes ago, sullynd said:

For a while they were all Freestyles. Seriously, Ford used cobbled together Freestyles as mules for both the Flex and Explorer, and people online were like “OMG, it looks just like a Freestyle”

The general internet is either incapable or simply refuses to understand the concept of a development mule

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Neither of those vehicles were used in the development of the Bronco Sport.

I see a whole lot more than you do. That styling buck was used for the Bronco Sport. Blue II still has connections. Live with it.

Edited by akirby
personal attack

4 hours ago, SteelyD said:

I see a whole lot more than you do. That styling buck was used for the Bronco Sport. Blue II still has connections. Live with it.

You’re playing with semantics, the physical styling bucks get reused, pulled apart and changed around but, the actual vehicle Styling developments for Flex and Bronco Sport have nothing to do with each other, they are separated in time by ten years.

Ordering system with trims and specs leaked..

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/2021-ford-bronco-sport-trim-222400417.html

two familiar EcoBoost engines appear up for order for now: The 1.5-liter three-cylinder and 2.0-liter four-cylinder, both with auto stop/start. In the Escape SE, the former mill produces 181 horsepower and 190 pound-feet of torque, the latter, 250 hp and 280 lb-ft. The eight-speed automatic is listed as the only transmission option, all-wheel drive listed as the only drivetrain. The Bronco Sport's 105.1-inch wheelbase is 1.6 inches shorter than the Escape's, and 1.4 inches shorter than that of the Jeep Cherokee.     

Seems the trim walk won't be distinguished by Ford's usual lettering system, the little rig adopting the names of national parks that Ford has trademarked. The screenshot shows a base model, then Badlands, Big Bend, and Outer Banks models, as well as a First Edition trim. The paint choice dropdown box lists ten colors, the same number as offered on the sibling Escape crossover and on the body-on-frame Bronco. They are: Alto Area 51, Blue Metallic, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Cyber Orange Metallic, Iconic Silver, Kodiak Brown, Oxford White, Rapid Red Metallic, and Shadow Black. The hues can be contrasted with a black or gray roof and two choices of 17-inch wheel wearing either 225/65 all-terrain tires, or 235/65 A/T rubber. The Escape offers wheel sizes up to 19 inches.

Interior coverings comprise fabric seats with Active Orange or Area 51 accents, or Ebony leather on some trims. A dropdown menu for packages reveals a Badlands Package including exterior body-colored bumpers and door handles, dual-zone climate control, remote start, leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats with four-way head restraints, MyFord Touch with six-speaker audio, and a reverse sensing system. The oddball feature on the list is a "Roof Conversion - Low Opening," which no one's figured out yet. Additional individual options include items like an electrochromic inside mirror, cargo management system, engine block heater, and Class II trailer tow package. On the Escape, that tow package is rated up to 3,500 pounds, but can only be optioned on the 2.0-liter four-cylinder.

Edited by blwnsmoke

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Huh?   No way Ford is using PHEV 2.3 in this anytime soon considering they didn’t have the balls to give it the 2.0L EB standard. 

Yeah I realised that Ford is putting the 1.5 in there, a bit disappointing that Ford didn't back itself in with higher series engines,

I would have thought Bronco Sport deserved a better basic performance level especially with premium prices but that's just me.

In this vehicle a 1.5 I-3 just seems like down market dogshit that should be confined to European Ford vehicles, not USA.

• Like 2

Yeah,  I am shocked Ford didnt go with 2.0L eb standard and 2.3eb as higher end option. I have a 2018 escape 4x4 with the 1.5l and it kinda sucks. To put this in a "off-road" vehicle is a mistake.  Plus I hope they put in a permanent way to disable auto-stop start. Hopefully more information is coming out soon.

• Like 1