Bronco Sport Completely Uncovered

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Considering the escape has $4000 in rebates, I’d say it’s  priced too high. If the bronco sport costs a significant amount more than the escape, it will be a failure. When people look at it, they see what the new escape should have been. They will expect it to be priced similarly.

Uh your most likely looking at 2019MY Escapes

Local dealership is showing $1500 in Ford rebates and another $500 for dealership rebates for a 2020 SE models. 

I'm wondering if the Bronco Sport will follow Ford's truck trim levels, like XL, XLT, Limited, ect or if it will follow the crossover SE, SEL, ect model line. Would guess the base model on this would be an XLT? We'll know soon enough I suppose.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Uh your most likely looking at 2019MY Escapes

Local dealership is showing $1500 in Ford rebates and another $500 for dealership rebates for a 2020 SE models. 

Nope, 2020 escape se straight from ford.com. Also I live in a big city in Texas. It’s not like I’m in some tiny market.

74E00A13-5F77-40CB-9E7F-720D5B632BF3.png

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

I’m talking about actual selling price not MSRP.  I agree Escape is a bit high on MSRP.

Seems some of you want Bronco Sport to be priced lower just so it’s more affordable.  And since it will have a factory almost to itself, they may offer an affordable base version to help sales.  But it should offer far more performance and features on the high end models and those should be priced a lot higher than Escape.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Nope, 2020 escape se straight from ford.com. Also I live in a big city in Texas. It’s not like I’m in some tiny market.

Incentives always vary by state and/or county.  Probably means there is too much inventory in your area.

I suspect $2K is about where Ford expects to be.  Yes, they may need to lower MSRP.  I think they’re testing the waters with the 2020 model.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Incentives always vary by state and/or county.  Probably means there is too much inventory in your area.

I suspect $2K is about where Ford expects to be.  Yes, they may need to lower MSRP.  I think they’re testing the waters with the 2020 model.

I agree with you. I think it works out well if the escape sells at a few thousand less than it’s current msrp and then the bronco sport sells right around the msrp of the current escape. The sport would still be more expensive than the escape, but it wouldn’t be out of line with the rest of the compact cuv market.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

$2000 customer cash + $500 select inventory + $500 bonus cash + $1000 owner loyalty. I checked every major city in Texas and they were all the same.

you missed the important bit....average dealer savings $690...all the other stuff you have to qualify for...no trade or lease expiring in 30 days...you miss out on trade in allowance, and wouldn't surprise me if another $500 is if you have to finance through Ford at regular rates....love these ads and having to explain them several times a week....NO ONE reads the fine print...

Edited by Deanh

8 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you missed the important bit....average dealer savings $690...all the other stuff you have to qualify for...no trade or lease expiring in 30 days...you miss out on trade in allowance, and wouldn't surprise me if another $500 is if you have to finance through Ford at regular rates....love these ads and having to explain them several times a week....NO ONE reads the fine print...

That was in his area, my area and all of Texas is straight up $2000 customer cash + $500 select inventory (vehicle must be on the lot for more than 61 days, won’t be hard to find on an escape lol) + $500 bonus cash + $1000 customer loyalty. If you dont qualify for the customer loyalty then it drops down to $750 for conquest. All of these are easy rebates to get. 

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

That was in his area, my area and all of Texas is straight up $2000 customer cash + $500 select inventory (vehicle must be on the lot for more than 61 days, won’t be hard to find on an escape lol) + $500 bonus cash + $1000 customer loyalty. If you dont qualify for the customer loyalty then it drops down to $750 for conquest. All of these are easy rebates to get. 

Once people get used to looking at the available window stickers, and seeing the build date, the "61 day" vehicles are pretty easy to find.  My wife & I traveled to get her '19 Edge to take advantage of this incentive.

HRG

61 day escape.JPG

32 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Depends what they are pushing in the market as well with the incentives, In Detroit right now it is the Explorer, which you can lease for the same price as an Escape and about $60 less than an Edge. 

Wow that’s...........telling. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

$2000 customer cash + $500 select inventory + $500 bonus cash + $1000 owner loyalty. I checked every major city in Texas and they were all the same.

The rebate money usually varies by Region  , I’ve never seen it by state, but it could also pertain to certain trim levels. 

1 minute ago, jpd80 said:

ive Heard a rumour that Escape sales were down 16% in February, so no wonder there’s some good incentives out there, let’s hope coronavirus doesn’t put sales in a tailspin.

So I guess Ford's experiment with styling and pricing might not be working out so well. 

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So I guess Ford's experiment with styling and pricing might not be working out so well. 

Meh...Id lay the onus on the sales numbers and stock pricing  on a lot more than the car itself....theres a certain Virus panicking people and the Stock market right now, and an oil war between the Saudis and Russia...

The only way to know if it works or not is to try it.   $2K is probably an average rebate and already figured into the pricing.   $4K is too high though and indicates excess inventory which could mean prices are too high or it could also mean they overstocked a certain trim level.

They should have enough time to figure out the right pricing for the 2021 models as well as figuring in Bronco Sport.

This isn't nearly as concerning as if the MSRPs were lower and they were having to do $4K rebates on top of that.  

• Like 1