Ram Rebel TRX Hellcat

blwnsmoke

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Ford can not let this stand.... if we can have a GT, then Ford can build a HALO Raptor.  Do NOT let Ram take down our Raptor!  If they wanna race, I say legooooooooo! :peelout:

Edited by probowler

The thing will sound beastly compared to the Raptors v6.

I suppose they could always throw a supercharged 5.0 in it.  But not sure if Ford would ever do it.  But if this article is correct, you will have a lot of people looking at it compared to the 450hp the raptor has.

Edited by blwnsmoke

It’s not entirely clear if they’re developing a full raptor competitor, since they stated they are dialing down some of the details of the truck. Nevertheless if they’re coming out with a motor like that for what is going to be deemed a competitor to the raptor, Ford is going to have to respond to that.

As an owner of the current generation raptor and the previous generation as well, I do think the eco-boost V6 is a better motor in this truck versus the 6.2 L, with the exception of the good old V8 sound of course. The eco-boost feels powerful, but if this is supposed to be Ford’s highest performance truck,  it’s going to have to have more power and likely a V-8 since the competition is starting to heat up. 

3 hours ago, tbone said:

It’s not entirely clear if they’re developing a full raptor competitor, since they stated they are dialing down some of the details of the truck. Nevertheless if they’re coming out with a motor like that for what is going to be deemed a competitor to the raptor, Ford is going to have to respond to that.

As an owner of the current generation raptor and the previous generation as well, I do think the eco-boost V6 is a better motor in this truck versus the 6.2 L, with the exception of the good old V8 sound of course. The eco-boost feels powerful, but if this is supposed to be Ford’s highest performance truck,  it’s going to have to have more power and likely a V-8 since the competition is starting to heat up. 

The beauty of the free-market at work... Competition forces everyone to step up their game or get left behind.

Even though I love Ford, I definitely respect what Ram and Dodge are doing with some of their vehicles.

I'm sure Ford could always put the 5.2L CP V8 with supercharger from the GT500 in it...but you have to re-certify it for the A10.

How about a Hybrid 3.5L Ecoboost? That might be easier to do...but the tuning factor of GT motor might be an issue in a truck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, probowler said:

The beauty of the free-market at work... Competition forces everyone to step up their game or get left behind.

Even though I love Ford, I definitely respect what Ram and Dodge are doing with some of their vehicles.

Agreed.  If I didn’t buy an F series, I would likely buy a Ram. 

40 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm sure Ford could always put the 5.2L CP V8 with supercharger from the GT500 in it...but you have to re-certify it for the A10.

How about a Hybrid 3.5L Ecoboost? That might be easier to do...but the tuning factor of GT motor might be an issue in a truck. 

I would say just go with the 5.2 L.  I think the vast majority would like to have the sound back.  

The thing I love the most about news like this is that in spite of the ridiculous CAFE standards, the auto manufacturers are listening to their customers and know that we still want beasts like this and there is a steady market for them.

I was behind a Shelby F150 at a stop light a few weeks ago.  When the light turned green he took off pretty quickly.  Just hearing that sound brought a big smile to my face.

• Like 2

Dodge is really catering to enthusiasts and it's awesome.  They actually build what people desire instead of what the company believes we should drive. Finally I think we see Ford trying to swing in that direction with the Bronco and I'm so excited to see what they can do!

The Mustang, GT, and Aviator shows that when Ford wants to they can build an emotive and passionate automobile...I want to see more Bronco and Avi from them and (honestly) less 2020 Escape.

Edited by probowler

4 hours ago, probowler said:

Dodge is really catering to enthusiasts and it's awesome.  They actually build what people desire instead of what the company believes we should drive. Finally I think we see Ford trying to swing in that direction with the Bronco and I'm so excited to see what they can do!

The Mustang, GT, and Aviator shows that when Ford wants to they can build an emotive and passionate automobile...I want to see more Bronco and Avi from them and (honestly) less 2020 Escape.

That's because they literally only have one powertrain, and just stuff it in everything.  They're so behind on everything else.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1