Covid-19 testing

DSPF150

I know that’s it’s impossible for all of us to work from home but what is possible is for management to do a temperature scan of all employees entering the buildings. Those with high temperature could be sent home for testing. I know it’s probably not going to happen but if covid-19 gets into the plants it would not be good.

29 minutes ago, Sterling Archer said:

Give me a break. Most of us wont even know we have it. Hell alot of people wont even get it. They are going way overboard with this crap.

The real problem isn’t the death rate per se, it’s the severe impact on the medical system.  Hospitals are already running short on supplies and it’s barely started.  Stopping or slowing down the spread will allow more time to develop vaccines and treat the severe cases without overwhelming the system.

If you don’t believe it, go look at what’s happening in Italy.  It’s an over abundance of caution but it’s not overreacting.

• Thanks 1

There is NO way you can compare what is happening in Italy with anything that MAY happen in the USA. Italy is 100 % socialized medicine. They have told the hospitals to turn away anyone over 70 years old and basically let them die. We have the best doctors and hospitals anywhere in the world. Can you imagine what would happen if any hospital in the USA turned away a patient because of their age? They would be under federal investigation and people would be sent to prison.

38 minutes ago, Sterling Archer said:

I never said that our hospitals would NOT be overwhelmed. I just stated they would NOT turn the elderly away and let them die like they are doing in Italy. They will try their best to help EVERYONE and not just send them home to die !

Who said anything about letting people die?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Decker said:

Fear can rule people completely. Fear can and has over come common sense many time. Fear has and will kill more people than most will admit too.  

FDR said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". Don't think there is a leader today who could say something as inspirational. Stay healthy, use common sense. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

I never said that our hospitals would NOT be overwhelmed. I just stated they would NOT turn the elderly away and let them die like they are doing in Italy. They will try their best to help EVERYONE and not just send them home to die !

Certain hospitals will turn away patients without insurance (or require a credit card for proof of ability to pay) - and send them to hospitals that accept patients without insurance.  Then, if the patient does die, the hospital will go after the estate of the patient for inflated billing.  If the patient is cured, the hospital may force the patient into bankruptcy or take all their assets in payment for their inflated billing.  You can negotiate down the billing if you get a lawyer involved who will go thru the bill line by line and require proof of costs.  Neither system is perfect.  I just wish there was a happy balance or some sort of low cost mandatory insurance and/or way to get the high health costs paid.   I recently had a trip to the emergency room, luckily I could get someone to drive me and save the $5000 ambulance cost.   But the ER costs were shocking - not that I am bitter or anything!  ???    

Edited by KenZ_GA

1 hour ago, KenZ_GA said:

I just wish there was a happy balance or some sort of low cost mandatory insurance and/or way to get the high health costs paid.

The reason private insurance is so expensive is it has to cover catastrophic incidents.   I’ve proposed that private insurance be capped at $10k or $20k per year and Medicare picks up after that.  Sort of like the federal govt with natural disasters.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, DSPF150 said:

I know that’s it’s impossible for all of us to work from home but what is possible is for management to do a temperature scan of all employees entering the buildings. Those with high temperature could be sent home for testing. I know it’s probably not going to happen but if covid-19 gets into the plants it would not be good.

DUH,its "impossible"?Show up to work for your shift on time,get inside there and MAKE A CAR.Give management any crap and your supervisor will call your mitty-man ,ON YOU!He-He-Ha-Ha, "your" union has been bought out and been kept "fat,dumb and happy" at the highest levels.In other words DIE MOTHER LOVER!As little as is possible will ever be done for U-a-w  plant personnel.Be lucky you even have any job.Ford is outsourcing all work to CHINA!  :headspin::arrive_alive::twister::kookie: I wanna "work" at home from my computer!Now seriously Ford should suspend all production for 30 days.Grab some of that Corporate Welfare paid for by the future taxpayers ,cuz its all deficit spending.Maybe the warm weather will kill this freakin virus FROM CHINA.USA corporations love China.Slaves are FUN.;)Comminism + strict gun control = Free stuff from the government,YEA :jump_earth:

Edited by Fatso
  • Haha 1

All kidding aside,there is enormous responsibility ,for being reliable and on time, placed upon workers doing shift work inside of manufacturing plants.I will be honest with you,if I had a sore throat and a cough and was not sure whether it was coronavirus,I would continue to show up for work.I am suppose to burn up all my precious vacation time every time I get a sore throat and cough? Getting absolutely no compensation in return ?While all around me schools and other employee`s are either staying home and doing work on the computer or have been told take a paid vacation from their employer?The president has declared a National Emergency.The union should insist, that suspect employees, be given tests and if found positive, they become eligible to go out on medical.All kidding aside,those of us who do shift work inside the plants are in a tactically,difficult situation.Being told to  "wash your hands" ,while important,is  doing as little as possible.Seperation from others is what is called for at this time.Good-Luck.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Always amazing when bad weather hits, employees in plants are expected to show up. Have had it happen that employees come in, only to be sent home since trucks couldn't make it. Also try to contact an office type in Dearborn, and they are not in, working at home etc. Guess this will be the same. Break rooms/Oasis seem a major opportunity for exposure in the plant. Hope stores has plenty of wipes, we will need them. Bring some from home just in case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chicagosvoice said:

Just so we can keep track of the company’s response, here at CAP nothing has changed. There is no hand sanitizer anywhere and most restrooms have no hot water. 

You have water!  Of course no paper towels. High velocity air driers most likely a risk.