2019/2020 Edge Adaptive Headlights

Sean J.

39 minutes ago, DavidC said:

Just picked-up my 2020 Edge Titanium last week and the adaptive headlight setting on the menu is greyed out too.  I have not been able to find a way to select it either.

Bummer. My dealership found 2 other similarly equipped Edges on our lot with the same scenario as mine so that pretty much confirmed it was a software issue.

I'm sure it will get addressed at some point. I've contacted a couple reps at Ford and have had some back and forth communication on who to bubble it up to.

TT

• 1 month later...

Just bought an Edge Titanium with the 301a options group. I do see the Adaptive Headlamps entry in the settings menu on the left side - however, it is greyed out and not selectable.

When I start the car at night, it does do the system check on the headlamps by sweeping them from side to side and then positioning them. But, again, no ability to activate Adaptive Headlamps, though I assume since I do see that sweeping when I start the vehicle that the physical capability is there - but needs some kind of way to activate it.

Edited by Marion Michael

8 minutes ago, Marion Michael said:

Just bought an Edge Titanium with the 401a options group. I do see the Adaptive Headlamps entry in the settings menu on the left side - however, it is greyed out and not selectable.

When I start the car at night, it does do the system check on the headlamps by sweeping them from side to side and then positioning them. But, again, no ability to activate Adaptive Headlamps, though I assume since I do see that sweeping when I start the vehicle that the physical capability is there - but needs some kind of way to activate it.

If they do the sweep then they're active.  You just don't have the ability to turn them off (which you never really need to do anyway). 

7 minutes ago, Marion Michael said:

Just bought an Edge Titanium with the 401a options group. I do see the Adaptive Headlamps entry in the settings menu on the left side - however, it is greyed out and not selectable.

Looks like you're all set then. You're in the same boat as the rest of us. The headlights move which means they'll work fine when driving, but the unnecessary menu option was either not removed or given a deeper menu, maybe for an on/off option, hard to say. Either way, something got missed along the way which caused the menu issue.

TT

I had my 19 ST updated last week and no changes in the menu. I haven't been out at night since, but it's dark enough in my garage that it probably should do the system check, But that doesn't seem to be happening. The only change I have is there's no longer a reminder on Fordpass that this needs to be done.

• 1 month later...

My 2020 Edge Titanium has the same issue, greyed out menu item.  It does do the system check when I start but I'm not sure that necessarily means that it's working.  I've not seen any evidence of it in action. I'd ask my dealer but from what I'm reading here, it doesn't sound like they will know anything.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:11 PM, 40Eridani said:

My 2020 Edge Titanium has the same issue, greyed out menu item.  It does do the system check when I start but I'm not sure that necessarily means that it's working.  I've not seen any evidence of it in action. I'd ask my dealer but from what I'm reading here, it doesn't sound like they will know anything.

40Eridani

the self check does confirm the lights are actively bending while driving. I have an ST with the same greyed out menu and my lights work fine.

TT

Just now, TobyTime said:

40Eridani

the self check does confirm the lights are actively bending while driving. I have an ST with the same greyed out menu and my lights work fine.

TT

How do you know that they are working?  Have you actually seen them move while on a curve?  I've not on mine.

7 hours ago, 40Eridani said:

How do you know that they are working?  Have you actually seen them move while on a curve?  I've not on mine.

For sure. That is the only way I know of. I will say that even the self check over-highlights the kind of movement you'll see when driving so don't be fooled by that. They perform a very minimal beam pattern change depending on the severity of the curve you're on, so many times you won't have a chance to see them turn because it's slight and gradual. It takes the right type of turn to see mine working, but I do see it. I'd say the most obvious time is if I turn into a driveway at night going at a good clip. You have to be traveling at, I believe, 5mph or more to activate them. Your service department may have some other ways to check their operation but the standard thought is, if they self-check upon start-up, they're operational.

TT

Hi gang. Just a little personal experience FYI (based on my 2018 Lincoln MKZ) to those wondering if their adaptive headlights are operating correctly: The adaptive headlight movement when turning is not large. It is a subtle movement while driving/turning.

It is not easy to see the movement when turning. I've found that it is the return to center that is more visible, in approximately the last half turn of the steering wheel while bringing the steering wheel to center after a turn. That is when it is easiest to see the headlights move...as they make their final movement to the straight ahead position. But again, it is a subtle movement.

Sorry I have no information to help with the greyed out menu options.

Hope that information my help and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Question on adaptive headlights... I just bought a 2019 Edge Titanium with the 301a package and do not have the Adaptive headlight option in the menu and they also don’t move when starting the vehicle. I contacted Ford customer relations and was told the feature is part of the 301a package and therefore the vehicle should have them. While at my local dealer I asked them to look into it and they said the vehicle is not equipped with adaptive headlamps despite having the 301a package and they show no updates in OASIS. How could a feature be part of the package and the vehicle not be equipped? Also, I have the amber LED side mirror turn signals which is listed on spec sheets with the adaptive headlamps. Thoughts?

Edited by Cherga

3 hours ago, Cherga said:

Question on adaptive headlights... I just bought a 2019 Edge Titanium with the 301a package and do not have the Adaptive headlight option in the menu and they also don’t move when starting the vehicle. I contacted Ford customer relations and was told the feature is part of the 301a package and therefore the vehicle should have them. While at my local dealer I asked them to look into it and they said the vehicle is not equipped with adaptive headlamps despite having the 301a package and they show no updates in OASIS. How could a feature be part of the package and the vehicle not be equipped? Also, I have the amber LED side mirror turn signals which is listed on spec sheets with the adaptive headlamps. Thoughts?

Hi Cherga. According to the 2019 Edge Dealer Order Guide, the Edge Titanium with the 301A Package includes "Adaptive LED Headlamps with LED Amber Lightblade Turn Signals". Unless there was some sort of late feature change (it does happen), your Edge Titanium 301A package should have the Adaptive LED headlamps.

So...if you have a 2019 Edge Titanium with the 301A Package, your Dealer needs to investigate further as to why yours is missing a listed feature. I would also recommend you register a case with Ford Customer Relations.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

So, the second dealer said the same thing... this time they’ve said that there are optioning tiers and mine is a tier 4 and only tiers 5 and 6 include adaptive headlamps as part of the 301a package. Not sure if I believe them so some input would be helpful from the community. Thanks

I have the window sticker and can confirm while adaptive headlamps aren’t specifically listed, it does have the 301a package.

etis says headlamps level 5 which using the explanation from the dealer who said tier 5 and 6 have adaptive headlamps, assuming level and tier mean the same thing, I should have adaptive headlamps.

i already asked the dealer about 19B11 and they said it isn’t listed under my vehicle in OASIS and therefore they cannot apply it.

Cherga,

If you have the amber light blade turn signals then you have the adaptive headlights. Ford did not make a 3rd headlight setup that included LED headlights without adaptive, so if you see the amber light blade turn signals you definitely have the adaptive headlights. The only other headlights on the 2019/2020 Edge body style are the standard setup found on the base SE trim, for example, with incandescent turn signals. As for the dealerships, these are actually Ford Dealerships I assume? It's possible too that your build was somehow coded incorrectly which might explain the lack of an update on the service side.

TT