Tesla to Meet Police Over Continuing to Run Plant Despite Order

blwnsmoke

"...he said the company continues to hold discussions with government officials about making Tesla’s workspace safe while also continuing to run an operation Tesla deems critical to national infrastructure." (emphasis added)

err, or would that be "critical to Tesla's income" (as blwnsmoke noted, "profits before safety.. or wait .. profits?")

I think we finally see the downside of running a company like a ponzi scheme. Losing money on the cars themselves, but making up for it with stock offerings, advance deposits, debt, and credit sales. 

5 minutes ago, probowler said:

Literally no one is forcing Tesla employees to keep working for the mean old Mr. Burns... uhh I mean Elon Musk.

You should read their employee manual...it is <ahem> eye opening to see the degree of loyalty he wants/demands from his employees...disgusting really.

9 minutes ago, twintornados said:

You should read their employee manual...it is <ahem> eye opening to see the degree of loyalty he wants/demands from his employees...disgusting really.

Right. Coming from a company that claims to be "union neutral" they sure are daring the workers t unionize 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Yeah? It could be really shitty, I don't know I haven't read it, but unless he somehow controls their souls or has actually enslaved them... They could still go get a new job no?

I don't really care about about Tesla or Elon, I just think this particular issue is a dumb thing to hate on him for. Maybe some of his employees want to keep working?  It would be cool if he could give everyone paid time off but I don't know if they could afford that lol.

54 minutes ago, probowler said:

It would be cool if he could give everyone paid time off but I don't know if they could afford that lol.

That's what Tesla is doing for employees at its Fremont assembly plant. The plant is shutting down production lines by COB March 23.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, probowler said:

I don't really care about about Tesla or Elon, I just think this particular issue is a dumb thing to hate on him for. Maybe some of his employees want to keep working?  It would be cool if he could give everyone paid time off but I don't know if they could afford that lol.

Trust me, nobody in that plant wants to be there right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1