Homestead NASCAR virtual race on Sunday!

bobbyd

I have to admit that it was enjoyable to watch! Clint was humorous and Johnson was way out of his league. Hamlin won the race with an outlandish racing setup that cost $40,000!

I would watch again,  if they plan another race.

hamlin.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Edited by bobbyd

52 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

I have to admit that it was enjoyable to watch! Clint was humorous and Johnson was way out of his league. Hamlin won the race with an outlandish racing setup that cost $40,000!

hamlin.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Texas this weekend. Seems like they’re just going to run the schedule as close as they can on iracing while everything is shut down 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, bobbyd said:

hamlin.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

So nothing has changed. Big money still wins...

3 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

So nothing has changed. Big money still wins...

That rig makes it more realistic, but it doesn't make you a better driver or faster. Denny has a little bit of talent. There were some guys with a single monitor and their steering wheel clamped to a table that did pretty good as well. My son does a lot of iRacing, and I've tried it. It's pretty realistic and really hard. I'm looking forward to watching the Texas race on Sunday.

46 minutes ago, NLPRacing said:

That rig makes it more realistic, but it doesn't make you a better driver or faster. Denny has a little bit of talent. There were some guys with a single monitor and their steering wheel clamped to a table that did pretty good as well. My son does a lot of iRacing, and I've tried it. It's pretty realistic and really hard. I'm looking forward to watching the Texas race on Sunday.

I’ve raced gran turismo on PlayStation for over a decade including a racing wheel and pedals and a 3D big screen. It’s amazing how realistic it really is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I’ve raced gran turismo on PlayStation for over a decade including a racing wheel and pedals and a 3D big screen. It’s amazing how realistic it really is.

The last one I played was GT4, and it was a bit of a letdown over GT3

I don't have a PS4 and GT5 kinda came and went without me even realizing it. 

I really want to get into iRacing but I need to rebuild my computer first. It's on its deathbed. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

• 4 weeks later...

Question for 'Wheel & Pedal' racers. This Sunday is virtual Talladega on FOX. I've been racing that virtual track on my 'Xbox NASCAR Logitech' Set up and was interested if anyone else has noticed the same experience! When you are coming out of the 4th turn it's imperative to stay up next to the wall as you approach the start/finish to maintain your speed compared to choosing the lower lane which scrubs off almost 8-10 mph!

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

That’s true on any track but more pronounced on high banking.  

Think about how fast you could drive around a 100 ft circle compared to a 500 ft circle.  

Thanks for responding. The interesting point is the difference when driving at the Daytona track under the same scenario, it's imperative to choose the lower lane to maximum your speed. Check it out yourself and compare the difference! So much fun and tension...its addictive !

I was cheering for either Clint or Brad to win at Talledega. Clint had taken the lead when the engine overheated and forced him out. Tough deal!  Brad was strong all race and appeared hopeful to win until the late crash! It wasn't Joey's fault that caused the late race pile up that took Brad out! Maybe we can put a Ford.in the winner's circle at Dover!