Stay at home order

DSPF150

The governor in the state of Michigan orders all unessential business to close and the employees to stay at home until April 13th and the first thing Ford Motor Co does is try to get a exemption to have us come in to work. All of the dealerships are closing for 3 weeks, everyone is out of work and they say to stay 6’ apart and they think that we should be building trucks? Are you f***ing kidding me? Are we trying to stop the spred or prolong it? It’s about time the people that run this company get their head out of their ass and do the right thing.

• Like 1

The people that run this company do at times have their heads up their asses but, the people that control this company have and always will have their heads in their wallet.

How many F series truck are built for police, fire, rescue units and FEMA? How many Explorers are built for police, fire, rescue units and FEMA?  KCAP, KTP, MAP and CAP you all bee`s deemed essential. Every body else report to the cafeteria to start training on how to sew masks..... There has been a back log of rescue and service units for months so CAP`ers enjoy whatever time you`ve had off cause.... remember the super dupers? they be a commin.

A 2 trillion dollar "stimulus" package has been agreed to by Congress that will pay laid off workers an additional $600 a week on top of what state UIC pays.In Michigan UIC pays $362.That plus $600 would equal $962 per week for up to 4 months.What is the incentive to work and risk infection?Just because some one has to have taxes deducted from their pay stub?Stay closed!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The following statement may be attributed to Kumar Galhotra, Ford’s president of North America:

Ford is aiming to restart production at select plants in North America as early as April 6, bringing key plants back online while the company introduces additional safety measures to protect returning workers.

Ford is planning to resume production at Hermosillo Assembly Plant on April 6 on one shift. On April 14, Ford is planning to start building vehicles at Dearborn Truck Plant, Kentucky Truck Plant, Kansas City Assembly Plant’s Transit line and Ohio Assembly Plant.

To support these assembly plants, Ford also is aiming to resume production April 14 at:

·   Dearborn Stamping Plant

·   Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing Plant

·   Integrated stamping plants within Kansas City and Kentucky Truck plants

·   Sharonville Transmission Plant

·   Portions of Van Dyke Transmission, Lima Engine and Rawsonville Components  plants

We will continue to assess public health conditions as well as supplier readiness and will adjust plans if necessary.

Supplemental Unemployment Benefit is just that. It supplements the State Unemployment benefit payments (that`s why SUB checks are different from state to state)  to bring your unemployment gross and SUB gross combined income to an 80% level of your Ford 40 hour gross earnings. If your gross earnings for any laid off week meets or exceeds the 80% SUB established limit, no sub will be paid.

With the $600 fun money the Fed is, chances are or in time going to send may need to be claimed as income during the week of Unemployment benefits are certified for. Now think of those broke ass states like Illinois, do you really think the Prickster won`t or one his political idiots think of reducing the unemployment checks or they will just look the other way?

Reduce unemployment benefits? No SUB benefits? Possibilities are there.... maybe not.

Edited by Decker

I know I work at CAP. I am retiring March 31. Went in and  turned my coveralls into the coverall bins and ID Tuesday to a lady in Labor but kept 6ft away. I then get a call telling us we need to come in to sign a form stating we turned our coveralls ad ID in. Really????? I called my benefits rep and this wizard tells me  " Well thats the procedure otherwise they could charge me for my coveralls and ID"  . What a bunch of incredible @SSHOLES. I said you want to me to disobey a State order to stay to sign a form about something I already did?????????????????????????????????????. Is our Union truly this pathetic?????? You gonna give my maybe infected coveralls to somebody else??????

Edited by cecilmeyer
misspell

2 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

I know I work at CAP. I am retiring March 31. Went in and  turned my coveralls into the coverall bins and ID Tuesday to a lady in Labor but kept 6ft away. I then get a call telling us we need to come in to sign a form stating we turned our coveralls ad ID in. Really????? I called my benefits rep and this wizard tells me  " Well thats the procedure otherwise they could charge me for my coveralls and ID"  . What a bunch of incredible @SSHOLES. I said you want to me to disobey a State order to stay to sign a form about something I already did?????????????????????????????????????. Is our Union truly this pathetic?????? You gonna give my maybe infected coveralls to somebody else??????

why would u call ur benefits rep about that?   maybe call ur commiteeman first and foremost.

12 minutes ago, Q-bert said:

why would u call ur benefits rep about that?   maybe call ur commiteeman first and foremost.

Already did. He is beyond clueless as he has always been. Besides a friend of mine went in and they did not make him sign anything.It was all B.S. We did not have to go in anyway.

Edited by cecilmeyer
misspell

So what is the plan for Good Friday and Easter Monday if we are still off? How will that work with unemployment if we are paid for the holidays? Will they end up giving us SWW and holiday pay or will we have to claim earnings to unemployment? I havent had to claim unemployment in 23 years so this is all new to me.

3 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

So what is the plan for Good Friday and Easter Monday if we are still off? How will that work with unemployment if we are paid for the holidays? Will they end up giving us SWW and holiday pay or will we have to claim earnings to unemployment? I havent had to claim unemployment in 23 years so this is all new to me.

I believe you would have to claim the earnings.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:15 PM, Decker said:

TSupplemental Unemployment Benefit is just that. It supplements the State Unemployment benefit payments (that`s why SUB checks are different from state to state)  to bring your unemployment gross and SUB gross combined income to an 80% level of your Ford 40 hour gross earnings. If your gross earnings for any laid off week meets or exceeds the 80% SUB established limit, no sub will be paid.

With the $600 fun money the Fed is, chances are or in time going to send may need to be claimed as income during the week of Unemployment benefits are certified for. Now think of those broke ass states like Illinois, do you really think the Prickster won`t or one his political idiots think of reducing the unemployment checks or they will just look the other way?

Reduce unemployment benefits? No SUB benefits? Possibilities are there.... maybe not.

Yeah okay BUT the $600 in additional "funny money" supplements the State money and I am gonna guess Ford will be able to keep their Sub pay.The intention of SUB pay is to gaurantee that an employee is compensated 80% of their pay while laid off.Trying to 'split hairs' by saying that the states portion of the total compensation received by the laid-off employee is seperate from what the feds are stepping in to additionally pay the laid-off employee is not going to matter, so long as the combination of the 2 equals at a minimum 80% of the employees take home pay.Nice try though!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Hopefully Ford will live up to all that "we aren`t just a company we are family" talk and just issue SUB as it is agreed on in the master agreement. The Fed`s stated the fun money was in "addition" to regular unemployment benefits soooo hopefully our Dearborn Ford family members will leave us some of the pie???? 

As for the two holidays coming up, I`d have to look it up to be certain but, I think we`d have to work a certain number of day`s prior to the holiday to be eligible for holiday pay. Then being a Friday and Monday that would trigger short work week benefits for both weeks. "If" that event was to happen that would cancel SUB and unemployment for those weeks. Would  the fun money still kick in? We`d would still be on a laid off status, technically.

But really who the hell knows what will actually happen.

Try to stay healthy and try knot to be made to take up residency in a room with bars.... we have an increase in domestic related bookings in the Best City in the World. "Stay at home"    ahhh the side effects.

Edited by Decker

1 hour ago, Decker said:

Hopefully Ford will live up to all that "we aren`t just a company we are family" talk and just issue SUB as it is agreed on in the master agreement. The Fed`s stated the fun money was in "addition" to regular unemployment benefits soooo hopefully our Dearborn Ford family members will leave us some of the pie???? 

As for the two holidays coming up, I`d have to look it up to be certain but, I think we`d have to work a certain number of day`s prior to the holiday to be eligible for holiday pay. Then being a Friday and Monday that would trigger short work week benefits for both weeks. "If" that event was to happen that would cancel SUB and unemployment for those weeks. Would  the fun money still kick in? We`d would still be on a laid off status, technically.

But really who the hell knows what will actually happen.

Try to stay healthy and try knot to be made to take up residency in a room with bars.... we have an increase in domestic related bookings in the Best City in the World. "Stay at home"    ahhh the side effects.

There are companies out there that are trying to stiff their workers. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/austin-company-looking-to-dock-paychecks-for-those-receiving-stimulus-checks/

We do have that master agreement but hopefully this isn't one of those "act of god" kind of things that the company can use to go ahead and do whatever they want. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, ambulldog615 said:

Wouldn’t sub pay be a lot less then normal? Since the $600 is added to the UIC, less Ford has to compensate.

I remember the old timers back in the late 80’s talking about collecting government benefits for months in the 70s or 80 from some government program (TRA or TNP or something) and then they ended up having to pay it all back when they got called back to work. Any Grey Beards remember that? 

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

The Federal Money added to the State Money is to supplement those who qualify for State unemployment compensation.The Feds are making up a portion of the States now increased payout.I am gonna guess that so long as this number equals 80%  of the laid off employees take home pay  that Ford will not pay us from SUB.This coronavirus crisis is a new situation.I just hope my State EBT card gets to me in time to hunt down some toilet paper.Aint it a Bitch! Please stop hoarding ? here whats this thing tell ya?

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dayshift said:

I remember the old timers back in the late 80’s talking about collecting government benefits for months in the 70s or 80 from some government program (TRA or TNP or something) and then they ended up having to pay it all back when they got called back to work. Any Grey Beards remember that? 

Yep Dayshift you`re right, and there were members that had to pay back 3, 4 or more thousands of dollars. The weekly bricks on their checks to pay back the "Over Payments of The Trade Relief Act"  took a long time to stop.

That brings up the current relief act payments, the $1200 check will reduce next years income tax refunds, this is the paying back of the no interest loan "relief aid" payments. That's why the is question raises about the $600 weekly unemployment supplement being added in to your earned income for state unemployment certification.

We may still think this is a relief act but, get down into the numbers and it looks more like (to this old Purdue bean counter) a loan.... (interest free? not really)

What the hell is with the sheepie panic thingy, I mean toilet paper and bottled water?  I`m not a book of facer or twit but I hear from those sheets that are, stating there are knuckleheads bragging about having 2 or 3 hundred rolls of butt wipe. Come on sheep butt holes are like opinions every ewe has one. Now... sheepies do and most always have many, many opinions but... go ahead back up to that mirror and look :idea:there it is... just one... yep sheepies there`s only one butt hole. Sooo way would any sheep need 2 or 3 hundred rolls of butt wipe?

Hang on this goofy shit is gunna get even stranger.