Stay at home order

DSPF150

Thanks for posting the article, Fuzzy.  I know you and I read the article you posted but I hope others take the time too. Cause it`s starting small and Ford has way more accountants looking into ever possible angle to turn this relief act into a money maker.

https://www.kxan.com/news/austin-company-looking-to-dock-paychecks-for-those-receiving-stimulus-checks/

1 hour ago, Decker said:

Yep Dayshift you`re right, and there were members that had to pay back 3, 4 or more thousands of dollars. The weekly bricks on their checks to pay back the "Over Payments of The Trade Relief Act"  took a long time to stop.

That brings up the current relief act payments, the $1200 check will reduce next years income tax refunds, this is the paying back of the no interest loan "relief aid" payments. That's why the is question raises about the $600 weekly unemployment supplement being added in to your earned income for state unemployment certification.

We may still think this is a relief act but, get down into the numbers and it looks more like (to this old Purdue bean counter) a loan.... (interest free? not really)

What the hell is with the sheepie panic thingy, I mean toilet paper and bottled water?  I`m not a book of facer or twit but I hear from those sheets that are, stating there are knuckleheads bragging about having 2 or 3 hundred rolls of butt wipe. Come on sheep butt holes are like opinions every ewe has one. Now... sheepies do and most always have many, many opinions but... go ahead back up to that mirror and look :idea:there it is... just one... yep sheepies there`s only one butt hole. Sooo way would any sheep need 2 or 3 hundred rolls of butt wipe?

Hang on this goofy shit is gunna get even stranger.

To tie into that last post I`ll use the old staying "desperate times call for desperate measures"   no no not that one, this one "desperate times make Decker post long shit"......:hat_tip:

Remember? 12 years ago? well give this a read,

"Twelve years ago, banks asked for a bailout after years of irresponsible, highly leveraged lending. The Treasury Department put out a three-page term sheet seeking money from Congress with no strings attached, even eliminating judicial review. Democrats balked, called it a slush fund and worse, then agreed after a few mostly meaningless bits of oversight and some promises to help ordinary people. That $700 billion bailout was window dressing for trillions that came from the Federal Reserve, but it kept Congress quiet, hooking them into the rescue of the system."

"Twelve years later, virtually the same course of events is taking place. After just a couple weeks of extreme social distancing measures, the Treasury Department asked for a large bailout, this time of the entire corporate sector. The bill as written initially would have made all bailout activities secret for six months. Democrats balked, called it a slush fund and worse, and then agreed to a few mostly meaningless bits of oversight and some promises to help ordinary people. In fact they’re the same bits of oversight from the 2008 TARP bailout: a five-member oversight panel and an inspector general for the program."    Day Jaa Vuu :future:

"The enormity of this bailout is being under-reported. The number you’re hearing is $500 billion. Of that, $75 billion goes to the airline industry and the mysteriously named “businesses critical to national security.” The other $425 billion helps capitalize a $4.25 trillion, with a T, leveraged lending facility at the Federal Reserve. (Banks only need 10% capital to lend ten times the loan amount, Fed`s too, 425 "B" gets 4.25 "T" to loan) The taxpayer dollars would soak up any losses from that lending program. The loans won’t be secret anymore, but the oversight is largely after the fact, without subpoena power, and mainly reduced to writing reports. How exactly do you expect a small, underfunded panel to find fraud in a $4.25 trillion lending facility! Especially when the current administration explicitly believes they are not required to turn over anything to Congress."

So it’s not a $2 trillion bill, it’s closer to $6 trillion, and $4.3 trillion of it comes in the form of a money bazooka aimed at CEOs and shareholders, with almost no conditions attached. At the moment nobody’s seen language, but there’s apparently only a buyback ban for the term of the loan. The money cannon can therefore go to executive compensation or mergers or wholesale purchases of distressed businesses or whatever other financial engineering the accounting department can muster. And once the company returns to health, it can leak out cash to investors (and during the loan too, in dividends). There’s no requirement to keep workers hired; in fact, the (necessary) provision to boost unemployment insurance for four months to 100 percent of median salary (including furloughed workers, gig workers and freelancers) means that these companies can fire with relative impunity."

Would "they"? "Will ...they"?  use a "pandemic" to steal?    60K elderly and people with medical complications in the United States, died last year with the Flu. Was that the ahh haa moment for our profession thieves to start texting their professional political partners?  War Production Act made millions of dollars of profit for every corporation sending the bill to Washington for the tax payer to pay for... every ventilator, mask, bandage, Jeep, truck, MRE and yes as a former VP knows first hand millions were paid to his corporation for.... ammunition. (bullets going to the sandbox)

Soon as they get that ahh haa smile on their faces and clean up their favorite resort, the all clear will be sounded. The Professional Politicians will rub each other on the butt (wallet) and save the day by stating get your asses back to work, there are bills to pay....

By Partisanship works great and bills get through in record time when.... all the partners get their cut.  

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I think the direct $1200 payments are "tax free".The $600 additional unemployment may still be taxable.I am also alarmed by the politicians taking advantage of the current crisis to rob the U.S. Treasury.Notice all the Pork Barrell Spending they are adding on.I am screwed because I worked overtime I made over the limit so I will not get a government check.As for the extra $600 in unemployment,well,we shall see,but nearly everyone in my state is laid off right now, and I signed up for UIC but have not received my EBT card yet.I am also alarmed at the loss of freedoms that people are accepting.This is why conservatives are skeptical of big government because it gives the government the power to take total control of your life and property.The issue will be when the rest of the nations on this planet no longer want to purchase US Treasury Notes and instead decide to hoard their national resources and commodities for use by their own citizens.I mean why trade for a very low interest or worse a negative interest rate US note?Then people will realize that prosperity and wealth come from the creation of products and services and not a government check.

• Like 1

Yup.  And if this social distancing and closed business's and stores and factories continues into May and June (all summer?)  .......................we wont be hearing "recession " anymore in the news but we will hear of an economic Depression.  If hospitals can function during this crisis with masks and gloves and hand sanitizers why can't an auto company or any business?   There will be a lot of risks of course but the doctors and nurses are already taking those risks for our sake.  This is a paradigm shift   We either accept the risk and go back to work or we can curl up into a fetal position and watch the economy continue its own death spiral.   Remember the old saying "Just be happy you got a Job?" Yes..................anyone that still has a job in September this year will be very happy indeed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

I think the direct $1200 payments are "tax free".The $600 additional unemployment may still be taxable.

not exactly. My wife looked deeper into it because she's more skeptical than I am about where this money is magically coming from. Think of it as a pull ahead to your 2021 tax refund. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

not exactly. My wife looked deeper into it because she's more skeptical than I am about where this money is magically coming from. Think of it as a pull ahead to your 2021 tax refund. 

Yep, like the pull ahead part of a certain signing bonus that in reality was a partial, early payment of money we had already earned as profit sharing. But it looked like a big signing bonus....

• Like 2

One thing for sure the younger, more recently hired salaried people are getting a real education in the Ford "Family" method`s. In the Kumar email Monday it spelled out a "North American Discretionary Spending Freeze".

One bullet point "Hey" if you been here long enough good.... it`s mandatory take your vacation hours the first week in April.

Another bullet point "Hey" No, merit increases for you... till 01 Oct 2030

Yet another bullet point "Hey" No going back to school for you.... Salaried Tuition Assistance suspended till 01 Sept 2020

Ahh I can almost here it here in the greatest city under lock down, the Ford family is singing "we are family" while counting their rolls of butt wipe and having some Chef Boyardee Ravioli :bananapiano:

Hang in there Fuzzy, this is just a new way of getting everything they (Demies & Repubies) want and making it look like they saved the day by giving us our money while making the sheepies think its "Free Money"... Land of the Free remember. You`ll be back working at Ford cause you have a big government emergency funding bill to help pay. The Nancy is smiling with pen in hand saying where do I sign yesterday. Cause she wants to rescind the SALT shit she was against back when her crew voted it down but, she realized if she makes those millionaires happy she`ll get her green deal thingy.... maybe the VP thingy...

Just in this morning:  "Ford is delaying the restart of production at its North America plants to help protect its workers. The company had been aiming to restart production April 6 at Hermosillo Assembly Plant and April 14 at several key U.S. plants – and now has further postponed startup dates, which will be announced later. Rawsonville Components Plant will restart the week of April 20 to produce the Model A-E ventilator, in collaboration with GE Healthcare, supported by paid volunteer UAW workers. The Model A-E ventilator is a basic, cost-efficient design that addresses the needs of most COVID-19 patients. Production will quickly scale up to produce 50,000 ventilators by July 4 – helping to meet the growing demand in the U.S. Approximately 500 paid volunteer UAW workers will be building these ventilators. At this time, ventilator production will be the only work being done at the Rawsonville plant."

8 hours ago, Q-bert said:

how long till ford/gm/fca asks to reopen the contract to 'help them out'  like 2007/2009 ????   just wondering........ thanks bush/donnie

Ford?

You must be confused because Obama bailed out GM and it only cost taxpayers around 14 billion in direct loss.

The problem is not the current president , its Ford's CEO.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, Decker said:

Ok I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but here goes........I know every state is different on unemployment, but in Ky its $552 a week...not sure what the SUB will be this time because that $552 is a new max for us it used to be $415......But whatever it is add $600 to $552......and then SUB on top of it? No way that happens, that's quite a bit more than 40 hours....why anyone would think we should actually get more than 40 hours pay for not even working is just crazy.Crawling back in my hole now while the onslaught begins ?

13 hours ago, cal50 said:

Ford?

You must be confused because Obama bailed out GM and it only cost taxpayers around 14 billion in direct loss.

The problem is not the current president , its Ford's CEO.

nope not confused, ford took tarp money(bailout) and some loans, paid most back but not all, yeah they got a special handout too .... and it wasnt obama...BUSH started it  obama finished some of it.    i know your a republicon,  so u leave out republicon things  and yes the problem is the current president,   ceo is an idiot too, but doesnt change the fact that donnie crashed the economy

Edited by Q-bert

3 hours ago, Decker said:

Actually at this point there`s little need to open up the contract Q-bert cause our treasury department is giving out blank checks.  

yeah and when that dries up ?   they are already pushing salary givebacks...so how long before we have to give back?

34 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No, that would be the various states that issued lockdown/stay at home/shelter-in-place ORDERS. The federal government has yet to

make any kind of mandate of that kind, only recommendations. 

and why did they have to do that? cause donnie didnt take precautions, plain and simple   was told about it back in dec.  and yet he golfed

Edited by Q-bert

5 minutes ago, Q-bert said:

and why did they have to do that? cause donnie didnt take precautions, plain and simple   was told about it back in dec.  and yet he golfed

China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Q-bert said:

AND just what name did i call the president ?    

Ya know...I just read the comment agin, after reading it several times. My apologies, I see you referred to the Ford CEO, I guess, as an idiot. I initially read it as both guys. Again, my apologies on that. 

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

Ya know...I just read the comment agin, after reading it several times. My apologies, I see you referred to the Ford CEO, I guess, as an idiot. I initially read it as both guys. Again, my apologies on that. 

Just a reminder - this is the employee forum.  It’s easy to miss that if you’re using the unread activity streams.