Ford issues restart dates for some US plants as soon as April 6

On 3/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, Black Label said:

Wow, indeed. But, are we being told that maybe we should get back to normal life? Wonder why not....

(I actually know why)

On 3/26/2020 at 7:09 PM, Black Label said:

I think it's time to get the country back to normal, that's all I'm saying. Glad to see Ford is working to that end. 

Boy, this didn't age well, did it?  Still think it was blown out of proportion and that we should go back to work?  You seem to think you know more than the media and experts.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

Boy, this didn't age well, did it?  Still think it was blown out of proportion and that we should go back to work?  You seem to think you know more than the media and experts.

Pretty sure looking back that I had CV, at least had every symptom, back in January. Now, this past week, the only possible symptoms I have had besides mild cold symptoms last Monday was loss of taste and smell for 5 days. Slowly coming back now since Saturday. 

I have been isolating in my house for a week. 

If you took my comments you quoted as my saying I am an authority on what should or should not be done, well, that's on you. I'll admit I was bit frustrated being right in the midst of the loss of smell and taste. I'd like to think* we could all get back to normal sooner than later. I was merely trying to express that. 

To answer you, though. Yes, I and many other people, do think it has been blown out of proportion. Didn't see all this when H1N1 broke out 11 years ago. But, I don't claim to more than than the experts. The media, ha, that's a good one. Are you saying you believe the dishonest media we have? Well, Professor, tell me more...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Black Label said:

If you took my comments you quoted as my saying I am an authority on what should or should not be done, well, that's on you. I'll admit I was bit frustrated being right in the midst of the loss of smell and taste. I'd like to think* we could all get back to normal sooner than later. I was merely trying to express that. 

To answer you, though. Yes, I and many other people, do think it has been blown out of proportion. Didn't see all this when H1N1 broke out 11 years ago. But, I don't claim to more than than the experts. The media, ha, that's a good one. Are you saying you believe the dishonest media we have? Well, Professor, tell me more...

If you're not an authority, don't pretend to speak like one.  And I love how you have to add "and many other people."  I listen to the medical and scientific experts in my county, state, and Federal governments, and don't rely on the media.  But it was clear, even last week as you were arrogantly proclaiming this was all blown out of proportion, that it would continue to get worse and that extreme measures for distancing would be required for many more weeks.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

If you're not an authority, don't pretend to speak like one.  And I love how you have to add "and many other people."  I listen to the medical and scientific experts in my county, state, and Federal governments, and don't rely on the media.  But it was clear, even last week as you were arrogantly proclaiming this was all blown out of proportion, that it would continue to get worse and that extreme measures for distancing would be required for many more weeks.

Whatever you say. Do yourself a favor and ignore my authoritative comments if they bother you so much. I'll do the same with yours. Stick to talking cars, okay? 

Cheers. Sorry I ruffled your feathers so much hoping we can all get back to normal and not have our businesses and economy suffer. 

Edit: Read your comments to me again. I'm the arrogant one? 

Edited by Black Label
  • Haha 1

All the medical experts say that hospitals are going to be overwhelmed with patients in the next few weeks,

what they don't need is even more people getting exposed or worse passing it onto others that are more

vulnerable. All of this sucks but it hits home just how easily a bug can spread all over the world.

What's really worrying is to see our front line medical nurses and doctors getting scared to go to work,

if they are already feeling overwhelmed, what are we facing in the next three weeks if those folks go down.

A hospital in rural GA in a city of 90,000 is still struggling to keep up after two funerals spread the virus among high risk groups.

150 inpatients, 27 deaths as of today.  Worse than Seattle or Miami.  It doesn’t take much to overwhelm the hospitals.

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

A hospital in rural GA in a city of 90,000 is still struggling to keep up after two funerals spread the virus among high risk groups.

150 inpatients, 27 deaths as of today.  Worse than Seattle or Miami.  It doesn’t take much to overwhelm the hospitals.

And yet the state of Georgia still won't issue a shelter in place order,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HRG

46 minutes ago, snooter said:

Nurses are always drama on steroids....its so bad out there cbs had to show italian hospital footage because they could not find it here.....not saying your wrong but fear is not something that we need to propgate here

They need to shock people into reality and stop trivalising this, it's going to get much worse before it gets better,

the people wanting to go back to work just don't understand the full impact.

If our doctors and nurses become infected because of daily exposure with substandard cloth masks

then it's clear that there will be less people to take care of and treat the sick.

The reason we're seeing Italian footage is to prepare Americans for what's coming,

by the experts' calls, Italy is the USA in three weeks time

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

I would worry more about austrailian personal debt load which is the highest of any G20 nation....the media lied, they were caught..dont become a part of that lie...nobody is saying the beer virus is not legit...dont let fear run your thought process....work the problem

2 hours ago, snooter said:

I would worry more about austrailian personal debt load which is the highest of any G20 nation....the media lied, they were caught..dont become a part of that lie...nobody is saying the beer virus is not legit...dont let fear run your thought process....work the problem

Working the problem means staying home so it doesn’t spread too fast and overwhelm the medical system.

7 hours ago, snooter said:

The debt load is not due to credit cards, it's due to investing in property and houses Most

people here buy an extra property because our government permits negative gearing.

Most Australians also have compulsory superannuation, the combined amount invested

is AUS$3 Trillion which is more than four times the combined Australian government  deficit.

I know this won't be a surprise to many but figured I'd still post the update.

Ford postpones reopening ‘key’ plants due to coronavirus pandemic

• Ford on Tuesday said it is delaying the restart of a car plant in Mexico as well as four truck SUV and van plants in the U.S. ” to help protect its workers.”
  • The plants were scheduled to begin reopening in April. 
  • The postponement comes two days after President Donald Trump  extended national social-distancing guidelines to combat the spread of the coronavirus through April.

Less than a week after Ford Motor said it would restart production at “key” plants in North America beginning in early-April, the company has postponed those plans as the coronavirus continues to spread throughout the U.S. 

Full Story

On 3/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's gonna be a while

It took 7 months to get our Aviator.....  

I placed my order on 3/11/2020 and it got Coroned!!  Patience is a virtue.  Hopefully more rebates when delivered.  

Thanks to all for the updates!!  Stay safe!

On 3/28/2020 at 11:56 PM, jpd80 said:

So sad to hear that two Ford workers in Detroit area  have succumbed to covid-19,

thoughts and prayers to their families.

Yes it is very sad, my condolences to those fellow workers who have died. Stay safe brothers. Ford has announced that there is no definitive date of return as a result of this tragedy

Sadly, it's now four Ford workers who have lost their lives to Covid-19 and Ford now indefinitely delays the reopening of plants

Looks like Jim Hackett is planning furloughs if the crisis lingers on...,.

Edited by jpd80

called this in mid-March...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/03/31/ford-jim-hackett-coronavirus-furloughs/5096816002/

"My gut tells me we’re into May now, but we’re not projecting a date until the president actually comes through with, 'I want to turn the economy on by x date.' That’s really the healthiest thing, is for all of us to be coordinated together," Hackett told WWJ Radio.