Escape Hybrid Notes.

2 hours ago, paintguy said:

Plug in hybrid, normally abbreviated PHEV usually has a larger battery. Most have the ability to drive anywhere from 20-60 miles on battery power alone. The electric powertrain is more robust to allow higher speeds on full electric mode. A "normal" hybrid usually goes short distances on electric only, and at limited speeds. 2009 Escape could go to 40 mph. Having a hybrid, usually the indicator shows a partially charged state. For the PHEV the larger battery needs the plug to go to 80-100% charge state. 

I forgot about the 40mph limit, I'm glad we've gotten past that limitation. I really wanted a Limited 2012 Hybrid Escape back in the day... Maybe that rumored Bronco hybrid will one day materialize?

Not sure if I'd want a hybrid Bronco, but it would be an interesting vehicle.

The Kuga in the low trims Trend (Zetec in UK) and Titanium have the low rent look, same as the Escape.  I think Ford Europe is doing its best not to show pics of the low trim Kuga.

Trend https://www.ford.nl/alle-modellen/kuga/uitvoeringen-specificaties/trend

Titanium https://www.ford.nl/alle-modellen/kuga/uitvoeringen-specificaties/titanium

Edited by MKII

On 3/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, dlghtjr90 said:

Thankfully all Escape xHEV's are based on 2.5L so that's one less complication. Is this the engine that goes all the way back to CD338 Fusion?

I believe so. It's been "upgraded" over the years but I couldn't tell you what those upgrades are

On 3/28/2020 at 1:05 PM, akirby said:

Yes it’s the same engine as the Gen 1 fusion hybrid.

Im guessing ecoboost engines don’t lend themselves to max mpg hybrid applications.  Plus the 3.3 Powertrain was readily available from f150.

maybe we’ll see more options in the next couple of years.

It is important to not this is only the first round of new Hybrid/plug in vehicles from Ford. They’re focusing big on it for the future