Land Rover - No More 4.4 V8 Diesel

47 minutes ago, probowler said:

I completely forgot about the Diesel F-150, I remember hearing SOMETHING about it maybe around 2018?

As someone else mentioned, an I'm going to reiterate... Ford has an annoying habbit of offering things and never advertising them, and then being surprised when they don't sell.  But in this case, I also agree with those who just don't see a big demand for these things... If you need the diesel engine, you probably also need the HD platform.  It is cool that they offered it though, even if it wasn't a huge seller.

well didn't help the 3.0 was only avail to the public, initially in nothing but high line Lariats and above...read $$$$$

Also, I think fuel prices, the jump in truck powertrain performance, and, to a lesser extent, VW's "Dieselgate" all had a lot to do with the drop in demand for a diesel half-ton. When you can choose from multiple gassers that will outperform a diesel, can do it on significantly less expensive fuel (in the OKC area, you can currently get E10 87 for $0.95 per gallon, but diesel is still $1.70 or more), and cost less to maintain, it becomes very difficult to justify buying a diesel F-150.