Ford HVCs - Used Parts?

When I purchased a new transmission solenoid for my 6F35 transmission the other day, the part arrived completely filled with transmission fluid.

This leads me to belive that HVC parts may come from salvaged cars and possibly returns in addition to new stuff.

Does anyone have experience working at a Ford HVC and know why something like this would happen?

2 hours ago, eric_eric_eric said:

I appreciate the reply, thanks so much for helping me out with the information.

In this case, it did not indicate it was remanufactured. It's possible, I guess, that the part was mixed with the new stuff.

I think new ones come filled with fluid

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, eric_eric_eric said:

When I purchased a new transmission solenoid for my 6F35 transmission the other day, the part arrived completely filled with transmission fluid.

This leads me to belive that HVC parts may come from salvaged cars and possibly returns in addition to new stuff.

Does anyone have experience working at a Ford HVC and know why something like this would happen?

Did you purchase an individual solenoid or solenoid body (7G391)? Solenoid bodies are flow tested and often come with fluid in them. All solenoids that are individually serviced for 6 speed transmissions are flow tested and assigned a flow rate number from 1 to 5, NH or NL.  These Individual solenoids usually have a small amount of fluid on them, but are tightly wrapped in anti corrosion paper, inside a smaller plastic baggie or anti-static bag and inside a smallish logo'ed cardboard box or logo'ed plastic bag.