2019/2020 Ford Edge Horn

Sean J.

Parts and service told me there is no dual horn (yea ok). I told the service advisor about this forum and that others have had the dual horn installed under warranty but he claimed his warranty person said it wasn’t a warranty issue. Don’t get me started lol. I just can’t wait to have a real horn and not have to be embarrassed anymore ?

11 hours ago, Mymeow said:

Parts and service told me there is no dual horn (yea ok). I told the service advisor about this forum and that others have had the dual horn installed under warranty but he claimed his warranty person said it wasn’t a warranty issue. Don’t get me started lol. I just can’t wait to have a real horn and not have to be embarrassed anymore ?

Ugh. Sometimes you have to get really crafty when dealing with dealerships, they'll find a loophole if given any opportunity. I've got a years-long history with my service department so I might have gotten lucky, but yes, if you're only getting charged $60 total for the entire thing, it's well worth it! I don't know how more people haven't caused a fuss. I can see it in an Escape or Ecosport but not in an Edge or above. Have fun, and blow that horn everywhere now, show 'em who's boss...haha.

TT

Thank you. Funny how parts told me they didn’t carry a dual horn when I first inquired so I could do the install myself but voila they’re able to get it now since they are doing other work on my car. 
I just don’t have the battle in me at this time but yes they're full of it. Can’t wait to get it back though. Gonna feel like a semi coming through ? 

Edited by Mymeow

5 hours ago, Mymeow said:

Thank you. Funny how parts told me they didn’t carry a dual horn when I first inquired so I could do the install myself but voila they’re able to get it now since they are doing other work on my car. 
I just don’t have the battle in me at this time but yes they're full of it. Can’t wait to get it back though. Gonna feel like a semi coming through ? 

Hmm...I just simply told my parts department to order the horn, check it when it came in, and see if both horns came inside the box...and they did indeed. Just goes to show you that while the experience from dealer to dealer should be consistent, it isn't always.

I can't remember, do you drive

an ST?

TT