What have you guys been doing during CV19 doldrums?

On 3/31/2020 at 7:29 AM, Bellanca said:

Working. People like having electricity; bastards. 

LOL, I love the electricity for my Aviator, our power comes from Nuclear 1 up the road.  I've been getting 93-133 MPGe depending on how I drive everyday going to the hospital.  We have been converting an entire column (7 floors) to negative air to accommodate hundreds of positive patients.  We have one today and have been up to as many as three.  Thankful it hasn't bloomed into what they thought, but if it does we are very prepared.  For those of us in engineering it has been lots of overtime and mind stimulating when they ask if certain things can be done.? Ask any engineer if it can be done and he'll say heck yeah, then they'll ask if you can pay for it.  Thankfully they have the money to pay for what they asked for.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mustangchief said:

LOL, I love the electricity for my Aviator, our power comes from Nuclear 1 up the road.  I've been getting 93-133 MPGe depending on how I drive everyday going to the hospital.  We have been converting an entire column (7 floors) to negative air to accommodate hundreds of positive patients.  We have one today and have been up to as many as three.  Thankful it hasn't bloomed into what they thought, but if it does we are very prepared.  For those of us in engineering it has been lots of overtime and mind stimulating when they ask if certain things can be done.? Ask any engineer if it can be done and he'll say heck yeah, then they'll ask if you can pay for it.  Thankfully they have the money to pay for what they asked for.  

How does negative air work?

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I would assume it’s negative air pressure to keep the virus in that section and keeping it from spreading to the rest of the hospital airborne.

Exactly, It draws air from the hospital and pushes it through massive HEPA filers to outside, each room has a filter and exhaust to prevent air in the room from going out into the general hospital area.  It creates havoc on the rest of the system and high winds at the fresh air intakes.  Even in normal entrances the inbound air flow is significant.  In a normal isolation room you run negative air, this is a first creating basically an entire octagon shaped pod on each floor (about 40 rooms) for the entire column, each POD had to be walled off to keep the air flow correct and balance the other 4 columns.  We have 5 columns around a center column. 

• Like 2

Usually work from home 2-3 days per week, so not that big a deal but I do miss seeing some people at our office.  I'm in healthcare IT, so we are really busy tweaking our products for COVID.

I have managed to almost memorize the owners manual and all the other downloadable documents for my 2020 F150 Limited .  Just my luck, it was scheduled for production on March 30.  I was really excited to start following its status from production, to the rail car, to the dealer.  However, I'd much rather wait until all you production line folks are back on the job, safe and healthy.

Also plan on detailing the KR this weekend.  I'm about a year overdue on that.

Everyone be safe and wash yer freekin hands! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Exactly, It draws air from the hospital and pushes it through massive HEPA filers to outside, each room has a filter and exhaust to prevent air in the room from going out into the general hospital area.  It creates havoc on the rest of the system and high winds at the fresh air intakes.  Even in normal entrances the inbound air flow is significant.  In a normal isolation room you run negative air, this is a first creating basically an entire octagon shaped pod on each floor (about 40 rooms) for the entire column, each POD had to be walled off to keep the air flow correct and balance the other 4 columns.  We have 5 columns around a center column. 

Do you put in any heat exchangers? I know it is more efficient from a flow perspective to direct vent without the complexity of exchangers, but didn't know if it outweighed the added costs of conditioning the incoming air.

I work at a customer site as a supplier for Honda.  They stopped production on March 20 and won't resume until May 4.  I have worked from home for a bit but had to come to my office as the office space we were provided was going to be demolished.  We had to move everything into a new office space.  Since nobody is here, I have been coming into work.  I have no traffic and nobody bothering me while I catch up on training and sit in on conference calls.

I did buy a gently used 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve AWD a few weeks ago.  When the weather has been nice I have been taking rides in it just to be out and get away from 4 walls.

I also am into barbecuing and smoking and have been enjoying that activity more.

Link.jpg

Edited by RedHoncho01
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, Flying68 said:

Do you put in any heat exchangers? I know it is more efficient from a flow perspective to direct vent without the complexity of exchangers, but didn't know if it outweighed the added costs of conditioning the incoming air.

No need, all our make up air is conditioned either from the fresh air vents or via the returns outside the negative air areas.  Direct vent is necessary to get the dirty air through the HEPA system and outside without the risk of being returned to the whole building.  Our long term patient survived and was discharged last night to a lot of fanfare.  He was critical for a week on a vent but made it.  All our other positives are either home cared for or already cleared.  

• Like 2