Front windshield wind noise

2020flyer

I've had the Aviator since November, still loving every minute I'm in it.

However, I have deemed the level of wind noise coming from the front windshield unacceptable. Anything over 40mph, and you can clearly hear the wind.

It seems to be mainly in the area of the "black box" hiding the electronics behind the rear view mirror.

I will keep you posted.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:45 AM, 2020flyer said:

I've had the Aviator since November, still loving every minute I'm in it.

However, I have deemed the level of wind noise coming from the front windshield unacceptable. Anything over 40mph, and you can clearly hear the wind.

It seems to be mainly in the area of the "black box" hiding the electronics behind the rear view mirror.

I will keep you posted.

What a weird coincidence as I was driving my Aviator GT home from work today I had my radio turned down low and was cruising in EV mode so the cabin was very quiet and I could hear a slight whistling.  At first thought I had accidentally left a window open a crack because it distinctly sounded like wind noise but the windows were all closed.  I wasn't concentrating on it at the time to know for sure if it was coming from the windshield or not but after reading your post I'll pay attention for it again and if it happens again will try and pinpoint where it's coming from.  I was driving 75km/h (about 45mph) at the time I heard it.

• 3 weeks later...

You're not alone our Aviator has the same issue along with a crap load of other issues. Haven't even had a chance to tell the dealer about it because I am just fed up with Lincoln. and all the other issues I have been having with the vehicle. The latest is a rattling noise coming from the driver's side wheel area. while driving at low speeds you can hear noise as if something is loose. The dealer says they are looking into it but can't determine where it is coming from. 75k dollar car that is as reliable as a crackhead

• 4 weeks later...

I took the Aviator in finally when it started making a buzzing/vibrating noise between 30-40 mph.  They adjusted the sunroof for the wind noise, now I’ve got an actual whistle at 40 mph.

They said the vibrating noise is the AWD system “calibrating” itself. It is normal. Oh hell no it’s not. 

back to the drawing board.