Ford 1st Quarter Sales

26 minutes ago, probowler said:

I still find the Fusion to be an attractive car, a good refresh would do wonders for that thing.

The design of it (compromised rear legroom aside) was an outta-the-park , ahead of its time, smash back in '13 and 8 years later, it STILL gets a look.  I get questioned about my '17 at least once a month.  Thanks for agreeing.

6 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

The design of it (compromised rear legroom aside) was an outta-the-park , ahead of its time, smash back in '13 and 8 years later, it STILL gets a look.  I get questioned about my '17 at least once a month.  Thanks for agreeing.

Ahead of its time?

You bet and more surprisingly, the American Fusion was developed on the bones of 2007 Mondeo.

I can only imagine how sophisticated a CD2 Fusion may have been if based on the size of  CD4 Taurus.

Edited by jpd80

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's a video circulating social media right now of a guy being forcibly removed from a train in Philadelphia because he didn't want to wear a mask. That doesn't sound like bored cops to me. 

Given what we know about Covid 19 and its spread, the guy is an asshole. Personal liberty extends to the tip of one's nose - that guy has no right to step on that train and endanger every other rider - given what is understood about current conditions. He doesn't have a civil liberty or libertarian issue - he has an inability to function in society and get along with his 'neighbors'. And I'm a libertarian leaning sort myself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Given what we know about Covid 19 and its spread, the guy is an asshole. Personal liberty extends to the tip of one's nose - that guy has no right to step on that train and endanger every other rider - given what is understood about current conditions. He doesn't have a civil liberty or libertarian issue - he has an inability to function in society and get along with his 'neighbors'. And I'm a libertarian leaning sort myself.

If he's a taxpayer, it's his train. Last I checked, the tip of ones nose has the freedom of travel.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

IhU98M90.jpeg

Except a large number of people who think they’re healthy and have no symptoms are contagious and are spreading it to everyone else.  It’s to keep you from becoming infected and spreading it to high risk individuals who could die even though you have no symptoms.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Except a large number of people who think they’re healthy and have no symptoms are contagious and are spreading it to everyone else.  It’s to keep you from becoming infected and spreading it to high risk individuals who could die even though you have no symptoms.

Some people forget this simple fact, like the governor of Florida

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pictor said:

Some people forget this simple fact, like the governor of Florida

Our governor here in GA said that he didn’t know this until last week when he finally ordered a statewide shelter in place.  

In a small southwest GA City (Albany) one funeral with one infected individual has resulted in over 30 deaths and has overwhelmed the local hospital.  Because they congregated in large groups and didn’t know they were infected.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Our governor here in GA said that he didn’t know this until last week when he finally ordered a statewide shelter in place.  

In a small southwest GA City (Albany) one funeral with one infected individual has resulted in over 30 deaths and has overwhelmed the local hospital.  Because they congregated in large groups and didn’t know they were infected.

I could be wrong, but thought it was actually 2 funerals.  The catastrophic outcome is correct, none the less.

2 hours ago, CurtisH said:

I could be wrong, but thought it was actually 2 funerals.  The catastrophic outcome is correct, none the less.

It was 2 but I think it spread from the first one to the 2nd one via the pastor and/or funeral home.  So it started with the first one but the 2nd one caused it to spread exponentially.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

I’ve always said the last gen Fusion is still the best looking midsized sedan.  I had my 2013 Titanium for 5 years.  Was yours a Titanium or a SE?

5 hours ago, akirby said:

The governors of Florida and Georgia are perfect examples of the militantly ignorant.  

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’ve always said the last gen Fusion is still the best looking midsized sedan.  I had my 2013 Titanium for 5 years.  Was yours a Titanium or a SE?

I’ve got a 2019 Lincoln MKZ, the closely-related corporate-cousin of the Fusion, and it’s terrific.  Looks great, drives well, handles well, is very comfortable, and—so far— very reliable.  I’ve had it 15 months so far (got it the weekend before Christmas in 2018) and I’ve had zero regrets with this vehicle.  Ford and Lincoln did good jobs with the latest versions of the Fusion and the MKZ.

Edited by 1984Poke

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco may be a disappointment to you but that doesn't mean it's not a capable off roader

that does most things expected of it, short of extreme off roading.

The money has already been spent developing NG Edge, there are no savings to be had

as cancelling it now would be an even greater loss to Ford.

Edge will have softer body styling than Bronco and complement sales, not compete.

All part of Ford's plan to have three sales channels:

Bronco Sport + Escape + Corsair = 100k + 200k + 30k annual sales in first full 12 months

Bronco + Edge + Nautilus = 50k + 180k + 30k annual sales in first full 12 months

That looks to be about correct. The Bronco sport will be the bigger seller between the Broncos and may nip a little more out of the Escape, but that seems pretty accurate.

2 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

That looks to be about correct. The Bronco sport will be the bigger seller between the Broncos and may nip a little more out of the Escape, but that seems pretty accurate.

In the first 12 months, Ford is forecasting a combined 150k sales of Bronco and Bronco Sport,

I had hoped that Ford wouldn't use that dreadful I-3 in the Bronco Sport but there's seems no 

way to avoid it unless buyers are prepared to pay a lot more. Heart breaking to see Ford serve up

a third world three cylinder in the US market just to force buyers into a higher trim level.

This is where buyers can have the last laugh by refusing to play Ford's game, just do a GM buyer

and refuse to buy until the things have huge incentives, Ford will get the message......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

I don't know why your side keeps repeating these talking points, no one is arguing with you over how viruses spread.

The actual debate and argument is that in America you can't violate people's rights over a scary virus. All the good intentions in the world doesn't change this fact.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed

Just because you have the power today to violate your fellow Americans rights, does not give you the authority to do so. You can certainly ask people to be safe and responsible, but the minute you start forcing people is when you step over the line.  You would likely gain far more compliance by simply asking and pleading with people to do their part, versus ordering them via the police state. Force will only compel more disobedience.  Instead of dragging away the man on the bus, what if the officer had instead offered him a free mask? Maybe it wouldn't have changed the man's mind, but maybe that small gesture of respect would have inspired him and others to play nicely, and he would have felt no need for civil disobedience.

1 minute ago, probowler said:

I don't know why your side keeps repeating these talking points, no one is arguing with you over how viruses spread.

The actual debate and argument is that in America you can't violate people's rights over a scary virus. All the good intentions in the world doesn't change this fact.

Just because you have the power today to violate your fellow Americans rights, does not give you the authority to do so. You can certainly ask people to be safe and responsible, but the minute you start forcing people is when you step over the line.  You would likely gain far more compliance by simply asking and pleading with people to do their part, versus ordering them via the police state. Force will only compel more disobedience.  Instead of dragging away the man on the bus, what if the officer had instead offered him a free mask? Maybe it wouldn't have changed the man's mind, but maybe that small gesture of respect would have inspired him and others to play nicely, and he would have felt no need for civil disobedience.

You won’t get compliance just by asking, unfortunately.  Now that doesn’t mean I agree with how some cops are handling this.  Our local sheriff and city police have already said they’re not going to be looking for violators or stopping anybody.  But I’m sure if they saw a large crowd they would encourage them to disperse.  

Your rights stop when they interfere with mine.  What happened in New York and Italy and Albany GA is what happens when people don’t shelter at home and it puts the entire country at risk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

You won’t get compliance just by asking, unfortunately.  Now that doesn’t mean I agree with how some cops are handling this.  Our local sheriff and city police have already said they’re not going to be looking for violators or stopping anybody.  But I’m sure if they saw a large crowd they would encourage them to disperse.  

Your rights stop when they interfere with mine.  What happened in New York and Italy and Albany GA is what happens when people don’t shelter at home and it puts the entire country at risk.

But your argument goes the other way too, does it not?  By forcing people to wear masks or shelter in place, you are now interfering with all of societies rights. That's such a slippery slope to try and stand on.

Edited by probowler

21 minutes ago, probowler said:

But your argument goes the other way too, does it not?  By forcing people to wear masks or shelter in place, you are now interfering with all of societies rights. That's such a slippery slope to try and stand on.

What exactly are you basing this on? The same situation happened 102 years ago with the Spanish Flu and apparently our rights are more or less the same since then.

All your doing is showing the same dogma that people opposite of your political viewpoints do.

Just because you don't see or it doesn't affect you because your in some podunk part of the US with the population of 1000, doesn't mean it doesn't affect people who live in major metro areas. 

I have a bunch of fucking idiots that live the next town over from me that are a radical religious sect and guess what? They don't think the rules apply to them-but yet their community next me and other places in NY they are from have the largest amounts of COVID-19 cases in both NY and NJ. 

Their flagellant disregard for the law is putting my entire family at risk and they did same thing with the Measles outbreak they had in their community-which is exponential more easily spread then COVID-19 is.  

The law/precedence for doing this has already been long established. 

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Just because you don't see or it doesn't affect you because your in some podunk part of the US with the population of 1000, doesn't mean it doesn't affect people who live in major metro areas. 

Im in the Detroit area. The city itself is probably the biggest hotspot in the country outside of New York, however in my community and the surrounding area there's about 50 confirmed cases (last I checked which was Thursday). I was at Lowe's picking up some supplies to fix some holes in by yard that some groundhogs left after last year (god forbid my kids step in a hole and break a leg or ankle) and I was informed that the local police department (in a city that has ZERO confirmed cases) had been writing $1000 tickets all day. Now our governor has shut down all garden supply centers, all boating (can't think of an activity more socially distant than being out in the middle of lake fucking Erie but that's just me) and yet left pot shops and in-person lottery sales open. I literally can't even legally talk to my next door neighbor right now. Not only is this a ridiculous infringement of just about every constitutional right guaranteed to us, it's completely inconsistent and horribly planned. All this for something that's turning out to be as deadly, maybe slightly higher, as the seasonal flu. Then there's the psychological damage being done to people by forcing them to stay isolated. For all the bitching and moaning (rightfully so) about how awful we treat mental health issues in this country, boy weren't we quick to open up a whole host of new problems that likely aren't going to get addressed. It's asinine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im in the Detroit area. The city itself is probably the biggest hotspot in the country outside of New York, however in my community and the surrounding area there's about 50 confirmed cases (last I checked which was Thursday). I was at Lowe's picking up some supplies to fix some holes in by yard that some groundhogs left after last year (god forbid my kids step in a hole and break a leg or ankle) and I was informed that the local police department (in a city that has ZERO confirmed cases) had been writing $1000 tickets all day. Now our governor has shut down all garden supply centers, all boating (can't think of an activity more socially distant than being out in the middle of lake fucking Erie but that's just me) and yet left pot shops and in-person lottery sales open. I literally can't even legally talk to my next door neighbor right now. Not only is this a ridiculous infringement of just about every constitutional right guaranteed to us, it's completely inconsistent and horribly planned. All this for something that's turning out to be as deadly, maybe slightly higher, as the seasonal flu. Then there's the psychological damage being done to people by forcing them to stay isolated. For all the bitching and moaning (rightfully so) about how awful we treat mental health issues in this country, boy weren't we quick to open up a whole host of new problems that likely aren't going to get addressed. It's asinine. 

Do you realize that your issue is with your state shitty leadership and general inconvenience its causing you? All your saying is that oh this isn't affecting me, so why should I be affected?

I have 58,151 cases in my state and just under 8K cases with 25 mile or so radius of where I live. The last time I've been to work was the 16th of last month and where I work at we've had cases with some in the building I work in. I have friends who work in healthcare locally and in VA, near DC and they both say its bad.

Yes there are going to be affects from this, but the alternative is better then being possibly dead from it. 

42 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

What exactly are you basing this on? The same situation happened 102 years ago with the Spanish Flu and apparently our rights are more or less the same since then.

All your doing is showing the same dogma that people opposite of your political viewpoints do.

I have a bunch of fucking idiots that live the next town over from me that are a radical religious sect and guess what? They don't think the rules apply to them-but yet their community next me and other places in NY they are from have the largest amounts of COVID-19 cases in both NY and NJ. 

Their flagellant disregard for the law is putting my entire family at risk and they did same thing with the Measles outbreak they had in their community-which is exponential more easily spread then COVID-19 is.  

The law/precedence for doing this has already been long established. 

The law? Precedence? Slavery was the law. Black Americans weren't allowed to drink from certain water fountains. No-knock police raids and civil asset forfeiture enjoy legal precedence. People today are serving life sentences over marijuana. Trying to justify your argument via fallible human law is laughable.

Just because you don't see or it doesn't morally affect you to lose your personal freedom of travel doesn't mean it doesn't affect you, or the other 330 million individuals whose individual liberty is at stake. 

Edited by probowler
a word