Turbo wastegate rattle?

Wow, that's definitely the noise I hear in your video! Holy crap, I love these vehicles, but that needs to be resolved! Brian's video makes it sound, of course, that they just were out after several years. Looks like you are bad turbos as far as that linkage to the waste gate. 

13 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

Black Label,

My buddy stated that borg warner makes the turbo, and that it is a good product. I am wondering if it is a flash or program to make it stop rattling.

I would prefer not to hear that noise, it sounds junky. Reminds me of my high school car!

I've been in a bank ATM and a couple paces where I would have heard that noise on mine. It just sounds faulty to me. I have some errands to run in a little while. I'll give a good listen to it to see if mine sounds like that. If it does, I just have never noticed it, and I notice every single abnormal noise on everything I own. 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2018 Navigator (50,000 miles) that has the Turbo rattle on cold startup. Dealership continues to say the noise is "normal". Doesn't sound like a normal noise to me or any other reasonable person. Called the Lincoln concierge and was asked to take it back to the dealership so they can listen to it again. Dealership is standing firm that the noise is "normal". Extremally frustrating that Lincoln wont standup and repair problems on their vehicles. Has anyone had any luck getting one repaired? 

17 hours ago, maj326418 said:

I have a 2018 Navigator (50,000 miles) that has the Turbo rattle on cold startup. Dealership continues to say the noise is "normal". Doesn't sound like a normal noise to me or any other reasonable person. Called the Lincoln concierge and was asked to take it back to the dealership so they can listen to it again. Dealership is standing firm that the noise is "normal". Extremally frustrating that Lincoln wont standup and repair problems on their vehicles. Has anyone had any luck getting one repaired? 

Why do you say Lincoln won't stand up? They have to rely on dealers to determine repairs. Take it to another dealer would be my suggestion. If there is no other dealer, go up the ladder at the dealership. Lincoln, nor any other manufacturer I am aware of has the ability itself to diagnose and repair vehicles after they build them. 

Or ask to hear another Navigator on a cold startup.  Determine for yourself it it is "normal".

My 2013 Escape with 2.0EB has a rattle on cold startup.  Lasts less than 2 minutes.  I'm sure it's turbo or waste gate related.  Just not sure which.  But I haven't heard of any mass turbo failures on any EB Fords.  So I'm not too concerned.

• 5 months later...

At the dealership it seems like their general belief is that some wastegate rattle is normal but there is a certain point where its so loud it cant be considered normal.

I am guessing if the service department is very busy the noise is normal, but if it needs work its not normal and the turbo gets replaced.

I know the dealership wont attempt any repair and elect to replace it.

Edited by JustMeInUSA