First Quarter Update Aviator GT

OMG!  Just hit 2100 miles today or should I say 2100 smiles.  I have found my sanctuary to be everything I was hoping for and more.  It is definitely not a quiet sanctuary, I use the Lincoln plus Alexa app to pull my favorite playlists and for 25 minutes each way to and from work folks must think I'm nuts.  I might be belting out AC/DC or Elvis, who knows, who cares, it's my world.  I find it fun to appear to be turning the wheel hard left and right as I dance my way down the freeway, leaving staying in the lines to the car.  The seats are amazingly comfortable and after getting them dialed in perfect for my back, I get out refreshed and ready to catch fish without bait.  If I had a house full of runaway children I too would retreat to my own little world and be very happy.  You see that image of my fuel savings?  Yeah, that's right $500 a quarter, $2000 a year in just gas I would normally use.  1600lbs of CO2 is like what my AC unit produces every 5 years.  If this Aviator could just make Bacon and Eggs every morning it would be nirvana.  Her beauty is easy on the eyes and interior velvety soft.  The only issue I've had is it was two easy to hit 90mph and the c pillar obstructed my view of the State Cop coming on the on ramp.  It was a minor issue due to a gentleman's agreement to withhold a little effort on the peddle.  

aviator 2100.jpg

• Like 4

Ours came in just in time before car sales were shut down in PA along with the stay at home/essential business order... only serevice/parts departments are designated essential.  So we haven't been out much and have only driven the GT a few times so far... but seeing it for the first time and driving it home were defenetly OMG jaw dropping moments! The medium slate interior with engine turned aluminum trim, full rear consol and rear entertainment screens is just stunning!  I concur that the seats are awesome, just remember to save your settings after spending a long time finding the perfect position and then showing your wife how to do it... something I forgot to do in my exitement!  Didn't realize it until it was time to save her settings... that was an oh sh_t moment, lol.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

Hey Mustangcheif,

So you did about a 1/4 of the total miles driven by electric only.

How many miles can you drive the car on just electric only before you have to use gas or recharge?
How long does it take to fully charge?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, 68Flame said:

How many miles can you drive the car on just electric only before you have to use gas or recharge?

The furthest I have ever gone in mine so far electric only is about 39km (24mi) and that's starting with a full charge and taking it easy with gentle stops and lots of regen braking.  Climate usage (especially heating) has a noticeable impact on your EV range.

If the battery is depleted a full charge takes around 3h 45min at Level 2 (240V).

On 4/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, CoolScoop said:

Ours came in just in time before car sales were shut down in PA along with the stay at home/essential business order... only serevice/parts departments are designated essential.  So we haven't been out much and have only driven the GT a few times so far... but seeing it for the first time and driving it home were defenetly OMG jaw dropping moments! The medium slate interior with engine turned aluminum trim, full rear consol and rear entertainment screens is just stunning!  I concur that the seats are awesome, just remember to save your settings after spending a long time finding the perfect position and then showing your wife how to do it... something I forgot to do in my exitement!  Didn't realize it until it was time to save her settings... that was an oh sh_t moment, lol. 

CoolScoop did you ever end up posting pics of the slate interior?  Curious to see what it looks like...

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, 68Flame said:

Hey Mustangcheif,

So you did about a 1/4 of the total miles driven by electric only.

Thanks in advance

Mileage on all electric varies just like gas.  Under 40 around mostly flat town, with minimum red lights ( you use brake coach to teach how to only use regen coming up to a light) I get 26-28 Miles.  On the freeway driving 80 or so, I get 18 and my normal mix to work is 19-23.  It really depends on how you drive.  

It takes a tad over 4 hours on level 2 and about 10 hours on 110 (Level varies by what side of the garage I get)  I'm planning on installing a Level 2 charger for two in the middle when the wife upgrades to the Mach E.  

23 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

Wow, thanks for the pic Mustangchief, I didn't even know the Lincoln app had that screen with the EV driving stats I went to find it myself now.  Here's mine so far, which is based on current odometer of 2,258km (1,403mi):

IMG_3004.thumb.PNG.0ada78f03357fe744d1d15704425d0d9.PNG

You are doing pretty good, how hilly is your area.  I'm pretty much flat with a few hills.   Mine continues to get better as I did not use the electric for the first two weeks while I was getting the engine broke in.  I wanted 500 gas miles before I took it on vacation.  This virus ended that idea.  

4 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

CoolScoop did you ever end up posting pics of the slate interior?  Curious to see what it looks like...

Does anyone have some tips on taking interior photos with accurate colors?   I can't capture the actual shade of gray, the flash makes it look much lighter... most of the medium slate photos I've seen online seem to have the same problem.

Edited by CoolScoop

11 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Does anyone have some tips on taking interior photos with accurate colors?   I can't capture the actual shade of gray, the flash makes it look much lighter... most of the medium slate photos I've seen online seem to have the same problem.

If you have a portrait mode, use that in bright light standing about 10 feet away, then crop it to make it look like a close up.  

22 hours ago, mustangchief said:

You are doing pretty good, how hilly is your area.  I'm pretty much flat with a few hills.   Mine continues to get better as I did not use the electric for the first two weeks while I was getting the engine broke in.  I wanted 500 gas miles before I took it on vacation.  This virus ended that idea.  

I'm mainly in city driving so nice and flat but I've mastered regen braking now, I can get brake scores consistently in the 85-100% range.  My stats would have been better but I did about a 500km back in February to visit a family member out of town so it was all highway driving back and forth couldn't use EV mode.  With everything on lockdown now I don't go anywhere other than to/from work or for groceries so well within EV driving distance I don't think the engine has come on at all in last 2 weeks.

f

On 4/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, rampagex7 said:

This is the only interior pic that came out decent so far, still having difficulty capturing the correct shades of gray:

1611620869005_0_20200416_223745~3.jpg

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

The engine turned trim is also on the full rear consol.  Its standard on the GT with medium slate interior and a no cost option on the GT with roast interior.  The Black Label flight theme also has it, but in a darker gunmetal tone.  The flash/lights make it look brighter in these photos but it doesn't seem to reflect the sun.  Its jewel like and looks custom/elegant in person.

20200416_223546.jpg

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

The engine turned trim is also on the full rear consol.  Its standard on the GT with medium slate interior and a no cost option on the GT with roast interior.  The Black Label flight theme also has it, but in a darker gunmetal tone.  The flash/lights make it look brighter in these photos but it doesn't seem to reflect the sun.  Its jewel like and looks custom/elegant in person.

It looks great!  Thanks for the pic I've never seen any of the lighter interiors other than in the brochure and on website. 

Our dealer only stocks white on black and black on black Aviators so I've only seen the black interior up close.  I think mine was the first Roast interior they every sold.  I didn't know that with the slate the whole interior is all the same color everywhere, one thing that I really like with the Roast interior I have is the 2 tone look it really breaks up all the black, gives a nice contrast, and really brings out the rosewood trim.  My last vehicle (2017 MKX) had the hazelnut interior where the whole interior was the same color and after a while I got sick of it so I wanted a 2 tone look on the next one. 

53 minutes ago, rampagex7 said:

I didn't know that with the slate the whole interior is all the same color everywhere,

While medium slate doesn't have different contrasting colors like the black and brown in the roast it does have three shades of gray, so there is more contrast than in the black interior.  My wife didn't care for the full two tone look and she also doesn't like browns or tans with black, so that eliminated two interior colors.  Most of our vehicles have had black interiors so black was out and we took a gamble on the medium slate... for our tastes it was a home run!  Everyone at the dealer loved it and the sales manager said they would be ordering more in medium slate!  I pretty much like all four of the interior colors so at least my wife made the decision easy.  She also didn't like any of the Black Label themes... I kinda agree with her there except I really like the flight theme.

Edited by CoolScoop

49 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

While medium slate doesn't have different contrasting colors like the black and brown in the roast it does have three shades of gray, so there is more contrast than in the black interior.  My wife didn't care for the full two tone look and she also doesn't like browns or tans with black, so that eliminated two interior colors.  Most of our vehicles have had black interiors so black was out and we took a gamble on the medium slate... for our tastes it was a home run!  Everyone at the dealer loved it and the sales manager said they would be ordering more in medium slate!  I pretty much like all four of the interior colors so at least my wife made the decision easy.  She also didn't like any of the Black Label themes... I kinda agree with her there except I really like the flight theme. 

I actually prefer lighter interiors to darker colors myself.  Had a 2013 MKX years ago with the medium light stone interior and aluminum trim, very similar to look to your Aviator and I loved it.  Unfortunately have had bad experience with fading and discoloration with lighter leather on the seats, especially if you wear jeans they tend to rub off and you get marks on the seats.  Because we lease all our vehicles through our company we've erred on the cautious side with darker leather colors, especially for vehicles that employees will be driving, to avoid damage or excess wear charges at lease end.