Old Ford V8's just wont Die

We had a 300 that got the treatment. With no oil, and only the goop in the crankcase we got tired of listening to it rattle and bang, so we dropped the coolant and stuck bricked the accelerator.  It got hot and shut down. Refired when it cooled and endured the process again a couple more times. Nothing we killed ran as long as the sixes. 

15 hours ago, probowler said:

The 351 in my Bronco is full of life at 150k. It's the rest of the truck that the PO destroyed that's falling apart on me lol.

It's a 1996 right? That was VERY common for that generation. The ones with the chrome trim on the wheel wells tended to fare better than the rest of them. Probably had better drainage due to the fasteners. 

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's a 1996 right? That was VERY common for that generation. The ones with the chrome trim on the wheel wells tended to fare better than the rest of them. Probably had better drainage due to the fasteners. 

Actually, rust is the least of my issues, at least around the fenders. The entire body is smashed and scratched, typical bent bronco rear quarters, jacked up bumpers, and a ruined interior from a very unprofessional stereo install. The swing arm TC has does have typical rust.

I do have one actual rust issue, the driver door is rusting out bad, I can only imagine there was some kind of water problem. In addition, the rain gutters above the door have cracked and water runs down over the rear speakers and pools in the passenger foot well.  Most recently, my lund visor has started allowing water into the cab. It gushes out of the metal headliner trim right onto the stereo.  Truck is a mess, but it was my first vehicle and I didn't know any better at the time ?