Time for Something Fun...

Time for something fun since there isn't really any news...

So here is the question: Which defunct Ford brand/division would you bring back, why, and what would be your ideal lineup for that brand/division?

Your choices:

Ford Tractor

101840122_cd797268f00df0a34608b9f820b659

Mercury

57_mercury_Turnpike-Cruiser-DV-10-MB_08.

Mercury Trucks

22689849720_b3d2b9e102_b.jpg

Merkur

MerkurXr4ti.JPG

Meteor

1920px-1956_Mercury_Meteor_Rideau.jpg

Monarch

7vBMR7apcEcRNlfVgY0717rFNJtRw2c0drQ91aV8

Edsel

560px-1959_Edsel_Villager_-_Red.jpg

Continental

1956_Continental_Mark_II_-_midnight_blue

FPV

2014-fpv-351-gt-f_100469093_l.jpg

Thames:

Thames_Trader_reg_DAP_104B.jpg?158671909

Have some fun!

Edited by ausrutherford
  • Like 1

And while it's not on your list of choices, I would return the Special Vehicle Team (SVT) name to US Ford Performance products.  I think that team and brand had real recognition and meaning to Ford enthusiasts, and "Ford Performance" just doesn't evoke the same feelings (IMHO).

• Like 4

I would choose Continental since it would be the easiest to get off the ground and the nameplate still holds prominence.

Continental Town Car:

Once the current Lincoln Continental has run its course launch a proper full-size sedan on an all-electric platform. Have multiple platform lengths and would have proper suicide doors just like the current special edition.

Let's face it. The 4 door coupe, whether a car or S/CUV, is today's "personal luxury coupe", so...

Continental Mark X:

An all-electric 4 door coupe. This would also spawn a similar Thunderbird to help share the cost, just as the TBird/Mark Series once did.

Continental Town Coupe:

The planned all-electric crossover twins for Ford/Lincoln would be a 4 door coupe SUV now for Continental.

_________

Continental would compliment Lincoln with higher prices and design-focused vehicles.

Lincoln would continue with your more normal luxury cars:

Zephyr

Caspian (smaller CUV)

Corsair

Navicross (whitespace vehicle from Fusion CUV)

Nautilus

Aviator

Navigator

On 4/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, MadManMoon said:

And while it's not on your list of choices, I would return the Special Vehicle Team (SVT) name to US Ford Performance products.  I think that team and brand had real recognition and meaning to Ford enthusiasts, and "Ford Performance" just doesn't evoke the same feelings (IMHO).

I’ve been with Ford 26 years.  I’ve never even heard of what you’re talking about. 

Ok for sure, Class 8 vocational trucks.  Note "Vocational".  No high roof large car sleepers because if its not a KW or Pete it doesn't fly.  If Ford Otosan is as good as some say, and if they are truly the Heavy truck  engineers at Ford, let them design the trucks for the US.  If they can run the middle east, the US should be easy.

Then again how about a blue tractor about the size of a 9570 Deere- ATP north of half a mil.  That should interest Hackett.