My Latest Ford Acquisition - '67 Mustang GT

Hey guys, I figured I'd share my latest Ford acquisition with you all - a blue '67 Mustang GT with white racing stripes.

Took a few photos of it next to my 2018 GT for you guys to see

Enjoy!

DeMC0wG.jpg

Hehehe.

U5BQbsG.jpg

oP041Op.jpg

t3VzNBY.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, jniffen said:

Heck, if I remember even the Lego's Mustang isn't cheap.

How long did it take to build it?

It wasn't the cheapest thing, no.

It was 1,471 pieces.  I did it over the course of a few days a bit here and there - I viewed it as a quarantine activity when i didn't have anything else to do instead of sitting and doing it all at once.

• Like 2

Seriously...my brain picked up that the 67 was off a little bit...but didn't immediately pick up on it.

Both cars are awesome. I've had this silly thought of trying to pick up a 69 fastback and mimmick my 13 with it. Alas; too many projects ahead of that for the number of years I have left.

10 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

That's a very well-staged picture. If it hadn't been for the swells in the pavement giving away the scale, it would've gotten me. Well done, sir!

Yeah, it was the only thing I could find around the house that remotely worked.  The problem was, the pavement wasn't exactly flat, and the real car sat higher than the model from the angle I had to take it at.  So i had to put something under the model to make it higher (so the wheels would sit evenly with the real thing), but then I needed some sort of "pavement" to hide it.  Guess I could've just photoshopped it in instead, but didn't feel like it lol.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, it was the only thing I could find around the house that remotely worked.  The problem was, the pavement wasn't exactly flat, and the real car sat higher than the model from the angle I had to take it at.  So i had to put something under the model to make it higher (so the wheels would sit evenly with the real thing), but then I needed some sort of "pavement" to hide it.  Guess I could've just photoshopped it in instead, but didn't feel like it lol.

That’s pretty cool. I had the same idea as you. Figured some legos would pass the time. I was torn between the mustang, DB5, and the Charger. Ended up getting the charger since it was $50 cheaper, but I might snag the mustang too if this goes on for a lot longer.440260.jpgdom-s-dodge-charger-lego-technic.jpg

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

That’s pretty cool. I had the same idea as you. Figured some legos would pass the time. I was torn between the mustang, DB5, and the Charger. Ended up getting the charger since it was $50 cheaper, but I might snag the mustang too if this goes on for a lot longer.440260.jpgdom-s-dodge-charger-lego-technic.jpg

Yeah, I almost got the Aston a while back, but decided not to.  Obviously the Mustang won because I have one.

I've been looking into the Lego Technic Defender as well.  The Bugatti one they have is neat too with how much stuff it does (working W12, spoiler etc.), but I also don't think the body looks that great on it, whereas the boxy Defender works better with the legos.  Haven't gotten any more yet, but we'll see.