CAP When are we going back to work?

Just a suggestion...… be prepared for the weirdest shit you`ve ever experienced in your life. 

Paint alone takes a couple weeks to just get back to our half ass normal after a planned Christmas down time. If I explained what`s been going on since the out out out sheepies you`d never believe a word. This will be a case study for years to come. 

But hey we will need to rely on all that experience in our managers and everything will work out the CAP way :lurk:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Decker said:

Just a suggestion...… be prepared for the weirdest shit you`ve ever experienced in your life. 

Paint alone takes a couple weeks to just get back to our half ass normal after a planned Christmas down time. If I explained what`s been going on since the out out out sheepies you`d never believe a word. This will be a case study for years to come. 

But hey we will need to rely on all that experience in our managers and everything will work out the CAP way :lurk:

In other words it's going to be a cluster fuck of a return.  Specially since they don't even know how to lay off one crew.  Is it by seniority? classification? crew? what does the contract say regarding lay offs?

Ford will bring "some" UAW members back next week. This in preparation for the first week in May, which will be very limited in all processes.

This will be a new course in the studies of mass production, be prepared to become an integrate part of the case study. ANNND bring your own MRE`s and fluids :lurk:

8 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

not exactly how I expected C crew to end but.....?

Dammm ididnatdoit give it a break....

Reading over the last year or so of posts your expectations have not come to the surface many times as facts. How many times did you expect the C crew to end? The C crew wasn`t coming back after the first of the year 2017, 2018, 2019.... 2020 launch was the end of the C crew... after the 14 to 16 months of down time for the 2020 retooling the C crew wasn't going to return... The SHO was going to close and the C crew was done.

But then all those other expectations of "I" got to get out of here, "I`d" give the separation money back just to get a date to leave. Now you`ve got all types of time on your hands soooo lets just keep sitting in the dark in front of the laptop contemplating and coming up with those old expectations over and over but, now on a full time basis? I take it old habits are hard to break? Enjoy your lock down, C crew is too :hat_tip:

not exactly how I expected ididntdoit to be spending time after walking the green mile.....

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In this phased restart, Ford’s North American parts depots will resume full operations on Monday, May 11. On May 18, Ford’s North American assembly plants previously operating on three-shift patterns will return with two-shifts, most two-shift plants will return on one shift and most one-shift plants will operate on one shift. Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. and Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville, Ont., are expected to resume production the week of May 25 on one shift. Components plants will restart production as needed to support this plan. 

• Like 1

Decker get your head out of the paint bucket, your reading comprehension isn't that great. I've been telling for over a year C crew is ending, but you just like the 551 gang leaders keep trying to spoon feed everyone sugar saying " we're not going anywhere". I've been working since I left in March, and no Union crooks in my pocket it's a great feeling. 

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

Decker get your head out of the paint bucket, your reading comprehension isn't that great. I've been telling for over a year C crew is ending, but you just like the 551 gang leaders keep trying to spoon feed everyone sugar saying " we're not going anywhere". I've been working since I left in March, and no Union crooks in my pocket it's a great feeling. 

How about you get your head out of your ass. All plants on 3 shifts are going to 2, on a temporary basis. 

• Like 2

Rumor of the demise of CAP C crew started the same month C crew came on line. Reminds me of the economist who predicted 12 of the last 5 recessions. With the prior Explorer/Taurus, CAP worked "Super days" to the max. Constantly challenged to minimize downtime. Highly doubt Ford would spend a billion dollars to reduce utilization for a new product. Don't think Ford is looking to spend another billion, just to eliminate CAP C crew. Now will the recession caused by coronavirus be short but deep or a longer one, the dreaded "D" word?

• Like 1

ididntdoit congrats on the job at Micky D`s I`m sure you`ll fit right in.... maybe you could start up a web site for the mentally challenged at your new job :idea:

Let`s face it you haven`t been correct once, all the predictions haven`t come true and you even missed the boat with all your whining about leaving. I hope you find something to predict, in your next life because one thing for sure some of us CAP`ers are going to get back to making $30plus dollars an hour real soon. You... not even close :hat_tip:

There are a few "facts"... you quit.... you didn`t have the ability to take the incentive to retire. You won`t see another benefit check till you do retire. Your health care is called Cobra. You will receive unemployment based on Ford earnings for a short period. But you`ll never be unemployed cause those fellow "ex" Ford employee`s will help keep the "kids" at Micky D`s working by stopping on are way to and from the C crew at CAP.... :whistling:

So every trip back down memory lane you take with posting here makes it look like maybe just maybe another prediction of yours fell short :future:

Good luck and I do hope this next  part of your journey is as fruitful and lucrative as the path you decided to walk away from. 

Edited by Decker

Fuzzy, these sheepies crack me up... CAP is going to crank up on the 18th and will do it slowly because of all the unknowns in the production systems. The C crew members are being surveyed to work at filling in on crews that need members, until there C crew starts up the second week in June. Then there`s the lottery put in place to allow referral's for Full Time Temporary jobs with a robo call. The people hired will work on all crews that need members. These hired people will help with the mandatory overtime and helping with the super`s that are needed. 650 people will help fill the back log and growing orders for police/service units and yes the never ending back log of high end Lincoln exports... 

The C crew will come close too the bonus that ididntdoit got for his sell out bonus with the C crew OT needed by the end of the year. :whistling:

Hope everyone is rested up and healthy cause OT is in all our crew`s future. That's not just at CAP, I know two dealerships that are begging for those hot F250`s :clapping:

• Like 1

I'm smart enough to get off the sinking ship, I volunteered separation because I don't need the benefits or the insurance or the IOU from Ford when I'm old enough to get retirement. 

Not only is CAP ending C crew, they'll close CAP all together by 2024 and Ford will sell the bankrupted company, the UAW will be dismantled and everyone will be driving Tesla's to work building drones for the Space Force

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first things first, yep on this rare occasion I have to say I have no opinion or willing to give any personal thoughts about should we or shouldn`t we be back at work. I will (as everyone will agree I would) reinforce the fact that if anyone is fearful, uncertain or just flat don`t feel up to being back make that personal decision and just stay home.     

Alrighty now.... our resident activist has got himself an interview on CNN. Shut Up - Yea I know :thud:

Well our holy activist wasn`t announcing he orchestrated the end to the tiers or bringing charges against a member.(again) He was stating his opinion on how he believes the membership was brought back to early. Went on and on with yep as always all his insights as an expert in all knowing entity that he`s always been. The concern for cancer recovering members, members with immune deficiencies and all those members with all those pre existing conditions. His concern actually showed with a tear or two.

Such an admirable, caring and all knowing entity. 

I`ll take a stab at this.... was our activist pulling down those government fun money weekly checks? those weekly governor Prikster`s stay at home check? Ummmm nope the all knowing was doing the volunteering think. No $600 fun money no no no… No Prikster stay home money no no no… our all knowing activist was volunteering :spiteful:

It really helps the all knowing activists level of concern, caring and emotions for his membership when volunteering …….to work at CAP while being paid 7X12`s ahh yes volunteering to go into the same plant the activist is on CNN stating in his expert opinion and belief that its to early to come back into his kingdom.  Some of his sheepies may say baaa baaa no way. 

Well sheepies its as easy as and old long hair did, stroll those four little legs over to the skilled trades board and check out DROT 86760 2D. Then some sheepies might say its unsafe for us but the all knowing is stronger than any virus because 122hours makes him so strong....

No sheepies it wasn`t just one week, how bout 7 weeks :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yep.jpg.d5408ad595591bdbe47f207ff4ae1a28.jpg

Yepper`s the C crew is gone forever and the plant is closing and we won`t be building exports and and and sheepies when you get a chance fill out the survey for work available during the first week in JuuuLie…. Oh any chance any of ewe`s wanna work a Friday? or a few Fridays?

Edited by Decker
  • Haha 1

OMG 5x8's and they want us to work 10hr? they can do that? what C crew isn't coming back on the 15th? not until further notice? you mean they've already started placing seniority C crew on jobs on A and B crew? 

FMLA denied me when I told them I was allergic to heat and sweat.

Theres a curfew does that mean I can't go to work?

sorry, sometimes the 551 FB is better then the sunday comics. I do miss the humor

• Haha 1

Ladies & Gentlemen & Sheepies of all ages & Rumor Mungers of Persuasions   

The Greatest Show on Earth

Will Start all The Three Rings of Performances

15 June 2020

only entrance limitations will be entrances permitted by two ewe`s at a time that were grazing in the sheep shit bin and baaaing about the C Crew never coming back.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Decker said:

Ladies & Gentlemen & Sheepies of all ages & Rumor Mungers of Persuasions   

The Greatest Show on Earth

Will Start all The Three Rings of Performances

15 June 2020

only entrance limitations will be entrances permitted by two ewe`s at a time that were grazing in the sheep shit bin and baaaing about the C Crew never coming back.

According to production numbers today it will be the 22nd.