CAP When are we going back to work?

9 minutes ago, fmccap said:

According to production numbers today it will be the 22nd.

Yep that's what was said earlier today at the launch meeting but B crew was just told by process coaches the 15th. 

either... or.... those sheepies  got it wrong again... :whistling: 

Edited by Decker

To explain this, would be like explaining why they post a 93% FTT but have 400 units build with the wrong parts. Or charts on charts that shows we are all green for each and every process. Then it would be like explaining why there`s so many wrong color units produces....

I will reference a line in a movie from a while back "Momma, always said stupid is as stupid does" .

I will also make reference to the language in the master agreement, "Ford retains the right to manipulate, regulate, fornicate and operate their business as they see fit". Well... maybe not in that specific verbiage but as for scheduling yep there`s not much a union yep can speak out on. This is going to be yet another "Ladies and Gentle Men and Sheepies of all Ages" type of performance... :lurk:

At one point last week the brain trust in the corner office was entertaining a 5X10 for both A & B crew and.... a 4X10 for the C crew. Hmmm Monday, A crew @ 0600, Monday @ 1800 B crew & C crew at the same time. Then Friday A crew & C crew @ 0600 & B crew @ 1800. Then the Super`s that be comin will add a second ring to the circus.

Stupid is as Stupid does as Momma always said :bike:

Edited by Decker

I sure am glad i work in the detroit area and not in one of the out state plants. Can it really be that bad out there.

Every plant I'm aware of, in the detroit area, re-opened with very little issue. A supplier part issue here and a reported case of Covid 19 there, but all and all it's been extremely smooth.

Anybody have a different view for a detroit area plant? Plants seemed to re-open in an organized way with inhanced cleaning, temperature screening, increased social distancing in breakrooms and other common areas and mandatory PPE.

Though we're not sure how effective these measures are, I think Ford is doing everything they know to do, symbolic or otherwise.

In tyhe Detroit area Ford is even offering free covid 19 test for anyone with symptoms. Antibody testing is the only other thing I can thnk of that they could offer. This would allow each employee to know if they have been exposed to Covid 19 at some point and if they carry the antibodies and likely immunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm

Explorer a rare bright spot as Ford sales plummet by 33%
The Explorer — made at the Chicago Assembly Plant in Hegewisch — bucked industry trends with a 12.4% increase in sales year-over-year in the second quarter.

Hmmm “3” Crews start today... 

Hmmm “Supers” are a Comin...

But.... wait wait wait.... the C crew is not comin back---- Hmmm....

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Erich Merkle;

Explorer continues to lead the market as America’s best-selling mid-size SUV through June with 101,149 vehicles sold.  It really bucked the industry trend with retail sales up 12.4%.  That kind of sales growth in a “down” market helped our retail share of the large SUV segment jump 6 full percentage points to 17.5%.  The high-end ST model represented 20% of Explorer’s mix in the second quarter, up 42% from a year ago. It’s really my personal favorite, and I believe it acts as a halo vehicle for the entire Explorer lineup.

• Like 1

Ford likes to shot it's self in the foot

Ford Motors Makes Millions From Police Cruisers While The Ford Foundation Donates Millions To ‘Defund The Police’

sorry, didn't mean to pee on your parade but this kinda thing is killing my tesphe/stock. Forced me to roll out and find another investment.

Before anyone comes with Ford Motors isn't the same as the Foundation take a look at who sits on the board as Director and Investor Relations, and that's all it takes to see those lil percentages fall and layoffs to come.

At least a lot of CAP workers got to strengthen their side hustle with the unlicensed Ford/UAW t shirts sales 

• 6 months later...

I did, was looking if our W2's are being mailed from one of them Arab countries or China or what, and then I thought of C crew and wondered how they're feeling since the Chairman failed them

not that anyone seen this coming a year ago as I was walking out the door.

Maybe my W2 was sent to same post office as the election ballots. 

remember I didn't do it but I told ya so

W2’s came out last week. You should be getting it. Hey ididntdoit if you haven’t heard our Chairman and Bargaining Unit has got CAP up and running. Seems CAP is getting needed parts routed to us before other facilities. O/T and “3” crew (yes ididntdoit “C” crew too) schedule started today.  

• Like 1