Nautilus first world problem

I finally succumbed. After months of badgering me, I threw in the towel and finally ordered my wife a Black Label emblem for her Nautilus. My fault that I showed her one on the back of another from a Lincoln website. Okay well it is cool... It took like ten minutes of discussion to figure out exactly where to put it...

You pay the big money so why aren't these just on there? Well anyway, I had to pay the vulgar amount they wanted for what looks like a one dollar part. I could find it no less than a little over $60 with shipping included. At least the wife is happy for now until the next generation of Nautilus comes out with 6 wheel drive where she'll have to have that. So I'm good for now...

Black Label.jpg

• Haha 2

It weird the piece of mind that little badge gives my wife. It's the icing on the cake for her.

I never realized the back letters were different! Usually I'm the kind of guy who really notices that kind of thing, always looking for slight model differences so I can pick out exact years on cars. I'm pretty good about nailing exact years on Jags 1989 to present (XJ models) just because I thought it was interesting. I noticed Acura does that too, like one year the name plate will be chrome, the next it will brushed, the next it will be smaller, always a little different. They probably all do.

I finally saw my second Aviator here in Portland/Gresham yesterday. Where the heck they're all hiding is beyond me...

I think the badging is worth it. It's like a exclusivity factor as I want to feel proud I have a Black Label with Venetian Leather and Broadcast it to the world saying I am different but not loud :)!!! Also the Black Letters help Identify the car too from a regular non-black label car.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, Deafsoundguy said:

I finally succumbed. After months of badgering me, I threw in the towel and finally ordered my wife a Black Label emblem for her Nautilus. My fault that I showed her one on the back of another from a Lincoln website. Okay well it is cool... It took like ten minutes of discussion to figure out exactly where to put it...

You pay the big money so why aren't these just on there? Well anyway, I had to pay the vulgar amount they wanted for what looks like a one dollar part. I could find it no less than a little over $60 with shipping included. At least the wife is happy for now until the next generation of Nautilus comes out with 6 wheel drive where she'll have to have that. So I'm good for now...

Black Label.jpg

• Like 1

Feel fortunate that's all it cost.  I broke the passenger mirror off my Nautilus backing out of the garage (we have a very tight 2-car garage).  The mirror and all the guts are intact and fine except the camera was dislodged.  My repair bill is going to be $1438.08!  The dealership can order almost any part off the mirror except the housing.  In order to get the housing they have to buy the complete mirror assembly and then paint the housing!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, RedHoncho01 said:

Feel fortunate that's all it cost.  I broke the passenger mirror off my Nautilus backing out of the garage (we have a very tight 2-car garage).  The mirror and all the guts are intact and fine except the camera was dislodged.  My repair bill is going to be $1438.08!  The dealership can order almost any part off the mirror except the housing.  In order to get the housing they have to buy the complete mirror assembly and then paint the housing!

OUCH! That's terrible... but I'm sure all makes would be expensive... Mercedes probably twice that....

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, Deafsoundguy said:

OUCH! That's terrible... but I'm sure all makes would be expensive... Mercedes probably twice that....

I did learn how to fold the mirrors in before entering or exiting the garage.  It is SO simple.  There is nothing in the owner's manual or any support video on the Lincoln website or YouTube that addresses this issue.  

You simple press the mirror lock button and they fold in automatically.  They won't redeploy until you press the mirror lock button again.  I wish I had known this $1600 ago.  :)

• Like 1