Mustang Hybrid with V8/AWD?

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

I still wonder if this rendering was "planted". It was on the website that showed the Mach E renderings........the designs that made it and those that didn't.......go to "Sketches" and it's half way down the page.

It definitely says "Mach E" on the title, but Mach E was never going to be a 2-door coupe and that's definitely what this sketch is. Open the grille (as opposed to the blanked off EV version) and that would make a nice S650. Its not that far from the current S550 design.

Or it could be a design study just to get to the final Mach E design-Hey lets start with a Mustang, then imagine what it would look like as an EV then take that and put it on a crossover form factor. So you already have the Mustang styling elements baked in. 

They could have asked the stylists to draw a hybrid Mustang and they did. Then they were probably asked to turn this into an suv. This is an approach I would take. If you just said make a sexy suv, they probably would have drawn an Edge like suv.

A factory AWD Mustang has been a dream of mine since I got a 90 AWD talon, way back in the day

and was 1.7X 60'ing on some POS 205's (with a good clutch of course).  

I seriously looked into these recently for the front of my 14, but they are not selling to public yet. 

https://in-wheel.com/en/solutions/direct-drive-in-wheel-motors/

Edited by OX1