2021 Ford Bronco & Sport Will Offer Three Grille Options: Exclusive

2021 Ford Bronco Will Offer Three Grille Options: Exclusive

We’ve already seen the 2021 Ford Bronco in leaked images and various spy shots, but actual details about the upcoming body-on-frame offroader have been sparse. Luckily, Ford Authority has come through to tell you about some of the juiciest Bronco details, including the fact that the vehicle was delayed to a 2021 model year release and that it will be powered by Ford’s 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine. And now, we have another noteworthy detail to share – this time surrounding the SUV’s exterior design.

When it launches in 2021, the Bronco will offer three different grille designs, Ford Authority has learned from sources familiar with the project. The three grilles will each deliver a unique persona to appeal to a wide customer base.

Full Story

And just like that... Ford is already addressing one of my few criticisms of the Bronco. This news definitely jives with the old patent rumors for "Modular Grilles". I'm really excited about the potential retro grill! The custom one does sound intriguing as well however.

Edited by probowler

I’m curious to see what changes they make when the headlights and the word BRONCO make up so much of the grille? 2021-Ford-Bronco-Four-Door-Leaked-Croppe

I hope at least one of them looks similar to the gt500 where they get rid of the word bronco and replace it with the bronco horse logo.2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-G500-6.jpg?fit=

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’m curious to see what changes they make when the headlights and the word BRONCO make up so much of the grille? 

I hope at least one of them looks similar to the gt500 where they get rid of the word bronco and replace it with the bronco horse logo.

I'm thinking its going to be coloring and the grill opening pattern. I doubt we'll see something like your asking for-too much confusion with the Mustang. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm thinking its going to be coloring and the grill opening pattern. I doubt we'll see something like your asking for-too much confusion with the Mustang. 

It would make for a cool theme for Ford though, no?  Galloping Mustang for Mustang and bucking Bronco for Bronco.

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

There is absolutely no way in hell anyone with an I.Q. over 1 can confuse the Mustang horse with the Bronco one. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

But the 2 look nothing alike, I just don't see how anyone gets it confused 

We're car people though, we all know the difference but your average, normie car buyer? I actually have to agree with Kirby... except for one thing: I would wager almost all of those buyers have seen a Bronco before.

Whether or not they knew it at the time or recognized it is a completely different matter.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

We're car people though, we all know the difference but your average, normie car buyer? I actually have to agree with Kirby... except for one thing: I would wager almost all of those buyers have seen a Bronco before.

Whether or not they knew it at the time or recognized it is a completely different matter.

I just showed my wife who knows nothing about cars the 2 different logos, having never seen the two of them (yes, she's that unobservant), and she knew both of them.  

6 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The mustang and bronco are both “icons”. I’d say it’s ok if they get confused every once in a while. They kinda go together anyways. If I had the money, I wouldn’t mind having both parked in my garage.

Well said, That's what I was thinking.

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I just showed my wife who knows nothing about cars the 2 different logos, having never seen the two of them (yes, she's that unobservant), and she knew both of them.  

If you showed the Bronco pony to 100 random people (while maintaining a 6 ft separation of course) and asked what it was, 98 would say mustang.

I would say 70-80% of adults would know the difference. Everyone happened to watch a certain white bronco driving down the highway back in the 90’s. People younger than 30 would probably have a harder time telling the two apart, but that’s just because they’ve never had one in production during their lifetime.

49 minutes ago, akirby said:

If you showed the Bronco pony to 100 random people (while maintaining a 6 ft separation of course) and asked what it was, 98 would say mustang.

actually probably 80% would say a horse, and if you showed them the Bronco logo that same 80% would say horse. 10% would get it completely wrong and wouldn’t understand the question. Leaving 10% that got it correct. 

• Like 1