2021 Ford Bronco & Sport Will Offer Three Grille Options: Exclusive

7 hours ago, akirby said:

They know the vehicle but not the logo.

Here's a crazy idea - BUILD THE BRAND. Who cares if it causes 'confusion' between the 2 logos? How did those poor consumers survive in the 60's and 70's while presumably confused and flummoxed by these 2 logos? <sarcasm> 

Some people here will argue about anything.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There is absolutely no way in hell anyone with an I.Q. over 1 can confuse the Mustang horse with the Bronco one. 

12 hours ago, akirby said:

The average buyer has never seen a Bronco much less the logo.

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

But the 2 look nothing alike, I just don't see how anyone gets it confused 

There is no issue using two similar icons for the Mustang and Bronco.

The issue is using the Bronco icon as a grill center piece. That is the issue. There is zero history of it being used that way on the previous generation Broncos. To me its just ripping off the Mustang branding, which some people take current offence to in the shape of the Mach 1. 

The next gen Bronco borrows from the Raptor grill, which is a contemporary and successful product and helps with the branding of keeping the Bronco a "rough and capable" off road vehicle. It helps keep the message clear to younger buyers who may have no idea of what the Bronco history is outside of OJ getting driven around in one almost 30 years ago, if that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The issue is using the Bronco icon as a grill center piece. That is the issue. There is zero history of it being used that way on the previous generation Broncos. To me its just ripping off the Mustang branding, which some people take current offence to in the shape of the Mach 1. 

The next gen Bronco borrows from the Raptor grill, which is a contemporary and successful product and helps with the branding of keeping the Bronco a "rough and capable" off road vehicle. It helps keep the message clear to younger buyers who may have no idea of what the Bronco history is outside of OJ getting driven around in one almost 30 years ago, if that. 

Just using the bronco horse emblem does the same thing for branding. By identifying it with only the bronco emblem (just like the mustang), your telling the customer that this vehicle is something special. It’s not like your regular ford vehicle. It doesn’t wear ford badges. It has its own badge that sets it apart. That is why ford called both the mustang and bronco “Icons.”

32 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Just using the bronco horse emblem does the same thing for branding. By identifying it with only the bronco emblem (just like the mustang), your telling the customer that this vehicle is something special. It’s not like your regular ford vehicle. It doesn’t wear ford badges. It has its own badge that sets it apart. That is why ford called both the mustang and bronco “Icons.”

Right, but just don't use it as a Grill Center Piece..there are other places it can be used :)

3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Here's a crazy idea - BUILD THE BRAND. Who cares if it causes 'confusion' between the 2 logos? How did those poor consumers survive in the 60's and 70's while presumably confused and flummoxed by these 2 logos? <sarcasm> 

Some people here will argue about anything.

Oh I don’t think it matters either way.  People don’t buy vehicles based on logos.  It should be used just for historical purposes.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:21 AM, silvrsvt said:

OJ??  What an opening scene-white Bronco  flashes by  followed by B/W Crown Vic!  Nah-the Juice would want too much money.

Maybe they should just put it on the spare tire cover like they used to.

image.thumb.jpeg.752be7892f8ba034161dafd018c1ae4b.jpeg

FWIW, that Bronco looks almost exactly like the '84 my folks ordered brand new, except ours had a black tire cover. I know it really confused me when they brought it home. I was all like, "why did you bring home a Mustang? I thought you ordered a Bronco..."

</sarcasm> <-- for the sarcasm-impaired.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, SoonerLS said:

FWIW, that Bronco looks almost exactly like the '84 my folks ordered brand new, except ours had a black tire cover. I know it really confused me when they brought it home. I was all like, "why did you bring home a Mustang? I thought you ordered a Bronco..."

If I get a Bronco, the tire cover will be my first option if it's not included with the vehicle.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:44 PM, SoonerLS said:

Ive never seen one in person with that color tire cover