Courier FWD Trucklet

47 minutes ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

This is great news! I just hope the cab and back seats are large enough for 2 adults. 

I don't see how the back seats can be that big and keep a decent sized bed.   Ranger is just barely big enough as it is.   I think this will be closer to the original ranger with jump seats and supercab only.    But I could be wrong.

Just now, akirby said:

I don't see how the back seats can be that big and keep a decent sized bed.   Ranger is just barely big enough as it is.   I think this will be closer to the original ranger with jump seats and supercab only.    But I could be wrong.

they offered the old ranger in supercrew in other markets I believe so it would be possible, but like you said, it’s already cramped in the back of a ranger, so I don’t see this being any roomier.

Hope they make it.  But.......

IHS Markit just surveyed many OEM's and found that all are drastically cutting back R&D.  Vehicle programs from 60 - 24 months out stand a good chance of being cancelled (like the Rivian-based Lincoln BEV).  Vehicle programs from 24 months out to Job One will probably make it onto production.  

So as for the Courier, it all may depend how far along the truck is in its development.

3 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Hope they make it.  But.......

IHS Markit just surveyed many OEM's and found that all are drastically cutting back R&D.  Vehicle programs from 60 - 24 months out stand a good chance of being cancelled (like the Rivian-based Lincoln BEV).  Vehicle programs from 24 months out to Job One will probably make it onto production.  

So as for the Courier, it all may depend how far along the truck is in its development.

Considering work started in Transit Connect pickup almost 4 years ago, and then this was upgraded into its own separate program 2 years ago, and the fact that Hermosilo is already primed to start C2 production with Bronco Sport, I'd said Courier is fully baked in. All the engineering costs have already been allocated and spent.

• Like 4

I hope ford uses some of the bronco sport reject names (maverick, scout) or comes up with something new instead of using courier or ranchero.

i wonder what design direction they will go with it? Ranger? Bronco sport? Something completely different?

i actually really like that ranger grille they are using in the render. Can’t wait to see that on the next-gen.

14 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I hope ford uses some of the bronco sport reject names (maverick, scout) or comes up with something new instead of using courier or ranchero.

This^^^^  Courier and Ranchero do not appeal to me.  They sound old, and not in a good way. I definitely hope they pick something better. 

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, in Brazil, Ford used to make "Pampa", a trucklet based on the C-segment car called "Corcel". Both names correspond to horse breeds, and although 'equine baptism' is back in fashion, I doubt they intend to revive them.

"Ranchero" would be a new nameplate down here, without an undesired association with B-segment "Courier" we had more recently, based on the Fiesta.                                                   

I think Courier while not old sounding to me is just boring.  I have never liked Ranchero always sounded like a  copy of El Camino which is way better even though I believe Ranchero was first.  Maverick is not bad but I don't like Scout alone, maybe Ranger Scout.  Funny I don't know why Ford picked Bronco Sport over Bronco Scout which I like much better.

44 minutes ago, tzach said:

I think Courier while not old sounding to me is just boring.  I have never liked Ranchero always sounded like a  copy of El Camino which is way better even though I believe Ranchero was first.  Maverick is not bad but I don't like Scout alone, maybe Ranger Scout.  Funny I don't know why Ford picked Bronco Sport over Bronco Scout which I like much better.

The Ranchero came out in 1957.  It sold enough for GM to take notice.  The El Camino came out in 1959.