Ford in the media.

Is it just me or does it seem like every media outlet, whether it be auto reviews or investing seem to be piling on Ford lately. Every article it seems like Ford vehicles are outdated, bad interior, overpriced, and last place reviews. For investing its Ford going under anyway day now  and fire Hackett ( that I agree with). Seems like tough times for Ford.

Maybe its just me..

It does seem like that, except with pickups. Even then, there were some that dumped on the Ranger even though it's competitive in my opinion.
Part of it may be the CEO. A big part of the CEO is to woo investors and spin a good story, maybe Hackett isn't very good at that. Ford also has a unique stock structure that gives investors less clout.

Also by Ford not doing the government bailout/bankruptcy route may have put them at a disadvantage regarding debt amongst other things. Ironic because it was good PR at the time.

To paraphrase Alan Mulally, Ford has "been going out of business for 50 years". That's the main organizational issue at Ford. The results are mediocre products, declining market share, and poor performing stock.

Jim Hackett is a good businessman. I still trust he can get Ford fit again, even though his efforts have been very slow to show results so far. No one else can finish the job Hackett started.