SIRIUS/XM Trial Subscription Change

Be aware of the change of the SiriusXM trial from 6 months to 3 months for ALL New 2021 Model Year and newer Vehicles and communicate this to your customers.

SUMMARY CHANGES TO THE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION LENGTH WILL APPLY TO ALL 21MY VEHICLES

All 21MY and newer Ford and Lincoln vehicles will come with a three (3) month SiriusXM trial subscription. All 20MY and older vehicles will continue with the six (6) month SiriusXM trial subscription. There will be no changes to the content offered with the three (3) month trial subscription. Vehicle owners will continue to get the very best of SiriusXM through All Access Package: they will be able to enjoy SiriusXM in their vehicles, on their phone by downloading the SiriusXM app, and at home at on connected devices.

SIRIUSXM INFORMATION RESOURCES

• Owners will continue to be able to to access current and future information on their SiriusXM trial subscription and their active SiriusXM accounts on www.siriusxm.com/fordtrial.

• For any questions or to learn about SiriusXM or their trial, they can call SiriusXM Customer Care at 1-855-599-5618

• Thanks 1

Even though I'm involved in media buying as an advertising manager, I stopped listening to AM/FM a long time ago. If I'm not streaming original recordings from my days as a studio engineer, I do listen to Sirius/XM in my company demo mostly to listen to news. There was a time a while back when SiriusXM was streaming the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson which was terrific. It was so enjoyable that I started a desktop subscription. After they dropped the Tonight Show streaming I cancelled my subscription. Unfortunately, SiriusXM is anything but friendly to their customers and the only way to cancel is by calling them as they have no provision to do so online. The experience was such that I will never, ever pay SiriusXM for anything again. 

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure FCA still offers 12 months of XM/Sirius and 3 months is obviously a cost cutting move that most people will not notice.  I listen to a handful of XM channels but they do repeat a lot of songs!!!  

I enjoyed Sirius. But the full rate monthly premium was just too high to justify. And I tired of the “call and threaten to cancel to get a lower price” game. I as well use Pandora now. 6 dollars a month. 

• Like 1

I have been using the app and my MacBook to listen to Sirius lately. I agree the content is repetitive. Also, I'm tired of hearing the likes of Alan Hunter and the rest spew their politics at me in between songs. They are stupid DJs. That's it. Shut up and play music, and stop reminding me to wash my hands, etc.  

1 hour ago, kyle said:

I'm pretty sure FCA still offers 12 months of XM/Sirius and 3 months is obviously a cost cutting move that most people will not notice. 

Yes sir. Here are the standard current free trial timeframes from automakers for new cars equipped with SiriusXM satellite radio.

• Aston Martin: 12 months
  • BMW: 12 months (BMW, Mini); 48 months (Rolls-Royce)
  • FCA (Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, Ram): 12 months
  • Ferrari: 12 months
  • Ford (Ford, Lincoln): 6 months up to MY 2020, 3 months MY 2021-
  • General Motors (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC): 3 months
  • Honda (Acura, Honda): 3 months
  • Hyundai (Hyundai, Genesis, Kia): 3 months
  • JLR (Jaguar, Land Rover): 3 months
  • Lamborghini: 48 months
  • Mazda: 3 months
  • Mercedes-Benz: 6 months
  • Mitsubishi: 3 months
  • Nissan (Infiniti, Nissan): 3 months
  • Porsche: 3 months
  • Subaru: 4 months
  • Toyota (Lexus, Toyota): 3 months
  • Volkswagen: 3 months (Audi, Volkswagen); 12 months (Bentley)
  • Volvo: 3 months
  • Like 1

Well SiriusXM owns Pandora, you can also find most of the talk radio on Tune In and iheart radio. Only place it really has a purpose is in the places where you don’t have good cell service.

Is travel link still included for 5 (Ford) and 6 (Lincoln) years or did they cut that as well?

TO Folks that live EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI-

You can drive three hours or more with no cell phone signal in parts of "The Great West".

And some of us don't want to down load music.

So-this is where satelite Music service shines....

On 5/1/2020 at 5:48 AM, probowler said:

I'm glad i'm not the only one who still uses Pandora!

I use Pandora also. I'm happier with it, since I get more of the music I want to hear and it's free. I was getting some good deals with Sirius, but even with that, I decided not to renew. The thing that tick me off is that they will automatically bill my C C on renewal and then I have to waste my time on the phone to get that good deal.

My 2020 F150 Limited, which was originally scheduled for the week of March 30 and fingers crossed will get rescheduled in the next couple weeks, is supposed to come with a free 5-year SiriusXM subscription.  Anyone know if that will still be valid?

I actually love it on my 2010 F150 Lariat SCrew and my 2009 GT500KR.  I have all 3 satellite bands fully programmed.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, ice-capades said:

Even though I'm involved in media buying as an advertising manager, I stopped listening to AM/FM a long time ago. If I'm not streaming original recordings from my days as a studio engineer, I do listen to Sirius/XM in my company demo mostly to listen to news. There was a time a while back when SiriusXM was streaming the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson which was terrific. It was so enjoyable that I started a desktop subscription. After they dropped the Tonight Show streaming I cancelled my subscription. Unfortunately, SiriusXM is anything but friendly to their customers and the only way to cancel is by calling them as they have no provision to do so online. The experience was such that I will never, ever pay SiriusXM for anything again. 

The way I handle it is with a virtual credit card with a limit that's just above the monthly promo rate. When they pop the full freight, the card is automatically declined. It's not the way I'd prefer to handle it, but if that's the way they want to call the tune, that's the way we'll dance. I'm not at all inclined to fight with them to stop overcharging me for their service. Hell, the only reason I use them at all is to listen to the Cowboys and Chiefs radio calls, so it's not like I miss it most of the year, anyway.

I subscribe to SiriusXM. The commercial free music, and news and sports(when there are sports...) are worth it IMO. I could use iHeart radio and/or one of the streaming services, but I would rather use my data for other things. Yeah, I have "unlimited" data, but we all know how that works. And as CKNSLS noted, sometimes service is spotty or nonexistent out here in the boondocks. Even though I bought my Fusion used in March(it's an '18), SXM gave me a 90 day free subscription. BTW, I do have about 4800 songs downloaded to my phone, so I'm set for music in the car. I can either choose my own or let the SXM folks decide if I'm not in the mood for any group/singer in particular.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, 09KR0058 said:

My 2020 F150 Limited, which was originally scheduled for the week of March 30 and fingers crossed will get rescheduled in the next couple weeks, is supposed to come with a free 5-year SiriusXM subscription.  Anyone know if that will still be valid?

I actually love it on my 2010 F150 Lariat SCrew and my 2009 GT500KR.  I have all 3 satellite bands fully programmed.

This is for the 2021MY vehicles so you'll be good. However the 5 years is just for Sirius Travellink services. Sirius radio will be for 6 months. 

32 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

This is for the 2021MY vehicles so you'll be good. However the 5 years is just for Sirius Travellink services. Sirius radio will be for 6 months. 

Yeah, my new Escape hybrid comes with 6 months of Sirius and 5 years of Travellink. My previous Crosstrek came with 4 month trial and I renewed it by mail/check only and refused to give them credit card number. No auto pay here. Sirius is awfully aggressive in their billing. Reminds me of the old days of AOL billing practices. Very easy to end up in "subscription poorhouse" if one lacks financial discipline.

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, my new Escape hybrid comes with 6 months of Sirius and 5 years of Travellink. My previous Crosstrek came with 4 month trial and I renewed it by mail/check only and refused to give them credit card number. No auto pay here. Sirius is awfully aggressive in their billing. Reminds me of the old days of AOL billing practices. Very easy to end up in "subscription poorhouse" if one lacks financial discipline.

Exactly, and if you autopay it is like 14.95 a month, or you can let it expire and just wait until one of their $30 for 6 months or $50 for a year deals come around that they direct mail. 

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Exactly, and if you autopay it is like 14.95 a month, or you can let it expire and just wait until one of their $30 for 6 months or $50 for a year deals come around that they direct mail. 

Exactly-either this and do a little negotiating and get it for $5.00/month. I have had SAT radio from the beginning-and never paid full price. I am a retired (Industrial) sales person. So-I know how to negotiate. However-I do realize some don't like the process. But at the $14.00 to $16.00/month I am first to agree it's too much.