2020 Escape interesting behavior

EmilG

Just got a '20 Titanium 2.0, I have 250 miles on it. My first question, does anyone know if there is break-in tuning for the engine and transmission? Other cars limit things initially for a certain amount of miles, I'm wondering if this car does also?

It seems when the transmission shifts I can feel the throttle reduce for a bit then pick back up again, does anyone else feel this? 

I've also noticed that off the line it seems slower than the 2015 Escape AWD 2.0 I replaced. It should feel quicker because of the revised engine, turbo, two extra gears and 200lb weight loss.

It certainly has a more refined feel to it, I'm wondering if that's why it seems slower.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

31 minutes ago, EmilG said:

Just got a '20 Titanium 2.0, I have 250 miles on it. My first question, does anyone know if there is break-in tuning for the engine and transmission? Other cars limit things initially for a certain amount of miles, I'm wondering if this car does also?

It seems when the transmission shifts I can feel the throttle reduce for a bit then pick back up again, does anyone else feel this? 

I've also noticed that off the line it seems slower than the 2015 Escape AWD 2.0 I replaced. It should feel quicker because of the revised engine, turbo, two extra gears and 200lb weight loss.

It certainly has a more refined feel to it, I'm wondering if that's why it seems slower.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi EmilG. There is no "break-in tuning". However, there is a break-in period.

If you check your Owners Manual, you will find certain restrictions Ford recommends for the first 1,000 miles. Do not drive the car overly hard (so no more hard off the line acceleration tests for a while). Avoid hard starts. Vary your driving speed. Do not drive at the same speed for long periods of time. So no 1,000 mile cross country highway drive right off the Dealers lot, No towing for the first 1,000 miles etc. Also mentioned: It takes about 300 miles for new tires to properly break-in. 

This information can be found by looking in the Index under "Breaking in".

Good luck.

4 hours ago, EmilG said:

... It seems when the transmission shifts I can feel the throttle reduce for a bit then pick back up again, does anyone else feel this? 

I've also noticed that off the line it seems slower ...

What driving mode are you using? NORMAL mode is designed to be unobtrusive. I understand SPORT has very different shift points. See if it feels different to you. 

Frank

Thanks for the responses! I drive in ECO mode most of the time but I wanted to see how it felt off the line. I tried with auto stop off. I did try SPORT mode and it seemed a bit stronger. Not a big concern, I basically drive like an old man ( I am one) so full throttle is a rarity! Love the car though!!!