Pics of new Escape Hybrid

Thanks danglin. I would say that if you have some towing needs, the SEL with 2.0 and towing package with 3500 limit gives good bang for the buck. My hybrid has a 1500 limit and really is not recommended with cvx trans.

As for the SE with 1.5, I don't have first hand experience. The 180 hp sounds ok though. My Crosstrek Boxer engine with 148hp was ok. The cvt trans was a bit unsmooth during warmup though. I have this hunch that some reviewers are exaggerating the roughness of the 3cyl 1.5. 

Just like they do with Escape interior. The lower door card gets all scuffed up with normal usage. The arm rest and center console are nicely padded where it's needed. I don't even have the highest trim level, and in no way does it reek with cheapness. As for dashboard  I have no idea what they are talking about. Only the steering wheel stalks seem cheap to me. The Crosstrek's stalks were better. The material quality in general was no better unless you love orange stitching. My only complaint on the interior is the faux wood trim on the Titanium. The brushed aluminum looks far better.

• Like 2

Congratulations FordBuyer sir on your new Ford Escape Hybrid. I agree with danglin that SE Sport Hybrid is the best value in the Escape lineup.

Consumer Reports tested an Escape SE Sport Hybrid similar to yours in the May 2020 issue. Its road test score was 9 points higher than the Escape SE 3-cylinder they tested previously, thanks to the smoothness, performance, and efficiency of the hybrid powertrain. Here is what they said.

"If you’re going to buy an Escape, the Hybrid’s superior drivability, impressive fuel economy, and only slightly higher price make it an easy choice over the turbocharged 1.5-liter engine we tested"

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Just like they do with Escape interior. The lower door card gets all scuffed up with normal usage. The arm rest and center console are nicely padded where it's needed. I don't even have the highest trim level, and in no way does it reek with cheapness. As for dashboard  I have no idea what they are talking about. Only the steering wheel stalks seem cheap to me. The Crosstrek's stalks were better. The material quality in general was no better unless you love orange stitching. My only complaint on the interior is the faux wood trim on the Titanium. The brushed aluminum looks far better.

FordBuyer, you committed a mortal sin by basing your opinion on observations made by actually sitting in the car and looking at the interior with your own two eyes.  Don't you know you're supposed to base all your opinions on what you read on the internet, or what you can see from internet pictures?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5