Farley investment

Wall Street hates anything that is old and established that they can't make a quick buck on screwing over the next person in the investment. Then they drive said company into bankruptcy betting the whole way it will go bankrupt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Wall Street hates anything that is old and established that they can't make a quick buck on screwing over the next person in the investment. Then they drive said company into bankruptcy betting the whole way it will go bankrupt. 

Isn't anyone just content with cashing in dividend checks?

27 minutes ago, probowler said:

Isn't anyone just content with cashing in dividend checks?

Not the day traders or folks looking to make big bucks in a short period.  

Fewer and fewer investors are content with dividends and stable but slow long term growth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Not the day traders or folks looking to make big bucks in a short period.  

Fewer and fewer investors are content with dividends and stable but slow long term growth.

This.

Analysts are pandering to the wants of their investors who desire the next opportunity 

to do a few trades and make quick bucks. Mind you. short sellers would have done well

but not many traders are skilled enough to do that successfully.

• Like 2

If your stocks have taken a dump, the worst thing you can do now is pull out and take the loss,

I actually rode through the GFC,  saw recovery and good growth on the other side

Ill take my licks now and ride the recovery wave.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

short sellers would have done well

but not many traders are skilled enough to do that successfully.

Great points jpd80 sir. To add to what you mentioned, very few people including finance professionals have the skills to use short strategies consistently and successfully over a long period of time (10 years or more). Just like most fund managers are not able to consistently outperform an index like S&P 500 over a 10, 15, or 20 year period.

1 minute ago, rperez817 said:

Great points jpd80 sir. To add to what you mentioned, very few people including finance professionals have the skills to use short strategies consistently and successfully over a long period of time (10 years or more). Just like most fund managers are not able to consistently outperform an index like S&P 500 over a 10, 15, or 20 year period.

100% true.

If you're unsure in the market, it's better to have an indexed fund, I use one profiled on the ASX200 

and since the Aussie market is heavily influenced by big miners and local banks, it's a pretty safe

mix in the long term but not one for those with faint hearted...LOL.

• Like 1

I think Ford stock will bounce back, especially if the Broncos and updated F-150 have a successful launch.  I still don't like that they dumped cars though, would love to see at least Fusion and Focus return with gas/bev options. Not sold on Ecosport as the entry level vehicle.

It is an interesting move by Farley.  First, it show the Ford family he is committed.  The definitely gives him a log up for the CEO position.  Second. let's say he bought it at $5 (probably less).  If it hits $6, (likely before the end of the year) that is a 20% gain !  Not bad ROI !

People have forgotten, that money was going out the door like water before COVID-19 !  Besides the huge investments they were pouring into EV/hybrids they were also deep into two major real estate projects, rebuilding Dearborn R&E and rebuilding the Michigan Depot train station.  I have not seen any recent cost projections but I am pretty sure the R&E project (which included TWO new computer centers off of the R&E campus) is going to be over $1B (and did NOT include a remodel of WHQ) and Michigan Depot will be close to $1B.

I drove through R&E about 1 year ago (Village Road runs all the way from the Southield freeway service drive to Outer Drive).  First, cooling ponds near the front of R&E are gone.  Second, Village Road is not longer straight.  They have added a couple of parking structures.  BUT they have not started tearing down any of the major engineering building.

My guess is that both of these project will be "back burner" for the next 3-5 years.

Edited by theoldwizard