Hyundai Santa Cruz Truck body leaked

T-dubz

3 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

With all due respect-Most people didn't shop Subaru at all when the BRAT was around. With the Telluride and Palisades the Koreans are a household name.

You also said Tucson would outsell Escape and that Escape would be a sales flop.  So you don’t have the best track record on predicting sales.

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

You also said Tucson would outsell Escape and that Escape would be a sales flop.  So you don’t have the best track record on predicting sales.

I think any sales/flops predictions are on hold until market conditions adjust.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Santa Cruz looks like nice truck, but Koreans need better power trains that post better fuel mileage numbers. Maverick hybrid doubles Cruz mileage with more power and much cheaper to boot. Only negative is hybrid comes FWD only.

Yes sir FordBuyer. New Hyundai Tucson offers a hybrid powertrain. Maybe Hyundai will offer that on the Santa Cruz next year?

Still, Ford's power-split hybrid powertrain for Maverick is a better designed system compared to Hyundai's parallel hybrid setup with a torque converter type automatic transmission. Highest EPA fuel economy rating for Tucson Hybrid is 38 mpg, compared to 40+ mpg for Maverick.

21 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir FordBuyer. New Hyundai Tucson offers a hybrid powertrain. Maybe Hyundai will offer that on the Santa Cruz next year?

Still, Ford's power-split hybrid powertrain for Maverick is a better designed system compared to Hyundai's parallel hybrid setup with a torque converter type automatic transmission. Highest EPA fuel economy rating for Tucson Hybrid is 38 mpg, compared to 40+ mpg for Maverick.

I believe the Santa Fe hybrid only gets 33 mpg, much less than Escape.

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I believe the Santa Fe hybrid only gets 33 mpg, much less than Escape.

Santa Fe is a larger vehicle than the Escape and in a different class. Not really a good comparison.  If the Tucson hybrid gets 38 as mentioned above, that is a better comparison as they are in the same class, and the mpg is only a rounding error difference.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Santa Fe is a larger vehicle than the Escape and in a different class. Not really a good comparison.  If the Tucson hybrid gets 38 as mentioned above, that is a better comparison as they are in the same class, and the mpg is only a rounding error difference.

Actually, my FWD Escape hybrid is rated at 41 mpg combined, and in reality we are averaging 46.5 mpg over 6,000 miles. Don't know the size and weight of the Tuscon

35 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Actually, my FWD Escape hybrid is rated at 41 mpg combined, and in reality we are averaging 46.5 mpg over 6,000 miles. Don't know the size and weight of the Tuscon

Tucson is the same size class as the Escape (and 38 vs 41 is close enough to be in the same ballpark TBH).  Santa Fe is larger (comparable to the Edge / Grand Cherokee / Blazer).

• Thanks 1