11 MKX Brake Light Switch

Having issues with the brake light switch on my 11 MKX. Original has a sticking plunger, but otherwise works. Plugged in and hanging, brake lights come on. Depress plunger and they go out. Picked up a replacement from Napa and it looks identical, but plug it in and get nothing, no lights. Returned it and grabbed one from Autozone, but same problem. Got a third one from a dealership (SW7810), same thing. The odd's of getting three bad one's has to be near zero, but since the original still works I don't suspect wiring. Stamp on original has a number 8t4t-96854-aa. Any help is much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Toner said:

Having issues with the brake light switch on my 11 MKX. Original has a sticking plunger, but otherwise works. Plugged in and hanging, brake lights come on. Depress plunger and they go out. Picked up a replacement from Napa and it looks identical, but plug it in and get nothing, no lights. Returned it and grabbed one from Autozone, but same problem. Got a third one from a dealership (SW7810), same thing. The odd's of getting three bad one's has to be near zero, but since the original still works I don't suspect wiring. Stamp on original has a number 8t4t-96854-aa. Any help is much appreciated. 

Since the brake pedal also disengages the shift interlock, you may want to look at the shifter assembly as well....on my 2011 MKX, the assembly was replaced under warranty when I got several warnings in the display about the car not being in park. Not sure if it will help, but that was my experience.