Ford restarting production May 18th

11 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Up here in Oakville Canada, the word is May 25th. Rotating one shift. Like two weeks on two weeks off. That’s the rumor. 

From what they said in the article, the plants with 3 shift would shift to two and so on till you hit plants with just one shift, which I guess they could just split. 

Given how the auto sales market is, that would prob be for the best anyways.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

From what they said in the article, the plants with 3 shift would shift to two and so on till you hit plants with just one shift, which I guess they could just split. 

You’re absolutely right, that’s the way it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future. 

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Unless you build trucks. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2020/05/07/pickup-truck-sales-rebound-pre-coronavirus-pandemic-levels/5180756002/

7 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Pick ups are the profit machine so that’s understandable. You guys have churn en out! 

Not us. Ranger sales seem to have found their level for now. We should pick up a lot more once Bronco finally gets here, assuming of course the economy recovers. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not us. Ranger sales seem to have found their level for now. We should pick up a lot more once Bronco finally gets here, assuming of course the economy recovers. 

Given what I've been seeing, I think the rest of this year is going to be a wash and you won't see a pickup til next Summer...then again see how the election goes too. 

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Given what I've been seeing, I think the rest of this year is going to be a wash and you won't see a pickup til next Summer...then again see how the election goes too. 

I think the market will react more positively to a Trump win over Biden simply because we know what the economy was already doing under Trump and the market likes certainty. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I think the market will react more positively to a Trump win over Biden simply because we know what the economy was already doing under Trump and the market likes certainty. 

Those are my thoughts as well...

20 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I read an article today on fordauthority saying ranger sales have caught up to the Colorado so I believe MAP will be just fine plus upcoming Bronco like you said. We at OAC were told May 25 A SHIFT goes in for days. Then the following week June 1 B shift comes in for nights. Then both shifts will return to our regular daily rotation. For the first two weeks only one shift will be coming in at a time.