2017 F-150 Limited - Battery Quetion

My 2017 F-150 is approaching the 3 year mark this month. Should I just replace the battery per necessity of living in the desert (Palm Springs) or will the vehicle actually warn me when the battery isn't charging enough? Everything is working fine and hate to make the investment unless I should just given the age...... Any advise appreciated.

You may or may not get a warning.  The best solution is to get a Solar BA7 tester and that will tell you for sure.  You might want to invest in a lithium ion jump starter - they’re small and you can leave it in the vehicle just in case.

Segue - Not sure if this is still true, but it was a couple of years ago.  If you start your ford vehicle and the air bag light stays on, simply shut it off and start it again.  If the light goes out this time, it is time to go battery shopping !

How can this be ?  The voltage from the battery fluctuates while you are cranking.  The "power supply" in the PCM can handle these fluctuations, but the power supply in the air bag module can not.  The voltage inside the air bag module drops low enough that the computer restarts, but it has already set a "low voltage" code.

15 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Segue - Not sure if this is still true, but it was a couple of years ago.  If you start your ford vehicle and the air bag light stays on, simply shut it off and start it again.  If the light goes out this time, it is time to go battery shopping !

How can this be ?  The voltage from the battery fluctuates while you are cranking.  The "power supply" in the PCM can handle these fluctuations, but the power supply in the air bag module can not.  The voltage inside the air bag module drops low enough that the computer restarts, but it has already set a "low voltage" code.

This was absolutely true on my 06 Fusion.  Airbag light came on shortly before the battery died completely.