2020 Aviator

9 hours ago, Steve McCormick said:

I'm ready to  buy a 2020 Aviator. It has 1100 miles and a Lincoln lemon law buy back.Would you do this?

Hi Steve. As akirby stated, not unless you know exactly why it was taken back under the Lemon Law and have compelling proof it was completely and correctly repaired.

And even then, I would insist on an 8 year (the maximum time length), LincolnProtect, PremiumCare level, all coverage, $0 deductible extended service plan for the mileage limit that you would drive in 8 years.Then if something does go wrong, at least you'll be covered for 8 years. If they will not give you that full coverage Extended Service Plan, walk away. And do not accept any lesser plan offers.

Auto Manufacturers do not make a habit of buying back vehicles if they can be repaired. So there is some major reason that particular Aviator could not be repaired and was purchased back from the previous owner. Therefore, I would be very hesitant to believe they magically fixed it now.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

would say no way.   I still have a 2020 on order,  yeap will get a year old vehicle if even get it built.  

Right  now reading all the post not sure  want the car.    Sounds like they are real lemons.

I could have cancelled and brought one off another lot but sure dont want an earlier build.  A guaranteed

lemon.   I know they are early units since been watching before the corona virus,   they been sitting

for what 3 month.  lincoln just cant sell them I guess,  even with social distancing would think at least 1

would sell.    Not a good feeling when sales are so dead.   Even the dealership where ordered can't sell one.

the demo unit drove still there with a discount as are 2 others.  Sales said car/truck selling, slower, but

selling,   just not lincolns