Oil leaking

Just leased a beautiful Aviator.  Within 300 miles I started to smell an oil burning smell after a highway drive.  Turns out it was an oil leak that required ordering a part that was not available.  The part became available after several days.  The dealer (who has been incredibly great) installed it and it still leaked oil.  Lincoln agreed to replace the engine (i think Lincoln wants the engine back for research).  They stated that there were 3 others in the US with the same problem.  I am a patient and understanding person who loves this SUV and is willing to let them fix any issues that arise.  Especially when I have such a great dealer to deal with.  I get to drive an Aviator as a loaner.  They literally are the best of any dealer I have dealt with.  I think folks get turned off too quickly and run to the lemon law.  Cars today are incredibly complex and will continue to become more so.  Cars today are made up of lots of computers.  Everything in our society has issues, nothing is perfect.   These new Aviators are hands down better than any BMW, Land Rover or Cadillac around!  Looking forward to many happy years with mine.  I will update later in the week when I am driving mine again.

It’s just me, but I would never accept that my brand new car would need a full engine replacement right after I purchased it.  They should take the car back and give you a new one,   If you are planning to go the new engine route, make sure they give you a platinum service plan and a extended warranty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jfischetti said:

It’s just me, but I would never accept that my brand new car would need a full engine replacement right after I purchased it.  They should take the car back and give you a new one,   If you are planning to go the new engine route, make sure they give you a platinum service plan and a extended warranty. 

This I agree with.  I think Ford, as a policy, should buy back these kinds of vehicles no questions asked.   Take them back and research them, fix them if possible and sell them or let the dealer buy them as loaners.   In the end they'd probably break even on it or only lose a few thousand but customer satisfaction would be through the roof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree 300 miles and taking the engine out.   Like heart surgery,, alot of complex items all have to get put back in the right place.

They say professionals,  nah,  usually some young guy been to tech school,  trying to follow a diagram on the screen,  in the

end a human hoping all goes right . The leak might be the least of your worries.  

Read the topic I just started. I am surprised mine is not leaking oil because it is doing just about everything else to make my life miserable.  Ford should take this truck back and give me another option because I don't want another because after reading these threads, I am scared it could be worse than the one I have now.  A new engine is unacceptable, tell them you are going to lemon law it...

P.S. is this the 2020 Aviator or a 67 Continental, I am waiting to see in the paper a story how a frustrated someone caught an Aviator on fire in front of Ford WHQ.